Quo Vadis, Open {Source, Standards, World}? w/ Jan Wildeboer – XDA:DevCon 2014

Open Source was a big topic at this years XDA:DevCon … more

Android 5.0 Leaked for the Samsung Galaxy Note 3

Android Lollipop is still making its way to many new devices. Firmware updates have been … more

Learn to Sync Files Between Android And PC with Unison

Dropbox and similar cloud services are great if youre planning to keep your files … more

OnePlus Indian Ban Lifted, Android One Expanding – XDA TV

Android 5.0.1 Lollipop is available for the Nvidia SHIELD Tablet! That and … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] [HELP] Need Stock Kernel for Tmobile SGH-M919 Android 4.4.2

OP raceman1972

15th April 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Waterford, MI
Thanks Meter: 4

16 posts
More
I have a Samsung Galaxy S4 for T-Mobile. I accidentally tried to root using a method that was for an older version of android and now I am getting the "Kernel is not Seandroid Enforcing." I think I just need to flash the stock kernel for 4.4.2 and hopefully that will fix it, but I can't seem to find a link to download the stock kernel. I have been scouring the forums for quite some time now. Can anyone post a link to it or can anyone tell me what I need to do to fix this? HELP ME!!!!!!!!!! LOL Thanks in advance for any help. Let me know what additional info you may need.
15th April 2014, 12:20 AM   |  #2  
Flag Houston
Thanks Meter: 890

2,583 posts
More
If it boots its fine, no problem

Sent from my SGH-M919 using Tapatalk
15th April 2014, 12:36 AM   |  #3  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 979

3,274 posts
More
Might want to odin the stock 4.4 image from sammobile. It comes with the stock kernel:

http://www.sammobile.com/firmwares/

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Last edited by Android_Monsters; 15th April 2014 at 12:39 AM.
15th April 2014, 01:03 AM   |  #4  
OP Junior Member
Flag Waterford, MI

16 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by serio22

If it boots its fine, no problem

Yeah......It's not booting. It hangs at the Samsung boot screen and has 2 lines of text in the upper right corner. One says "Kernel is not seandroid Enforcing." the second line says something about warranty. I would tell you specifically what the second line says, but I can't read it. The text is too small. If I flash the stock 4.4. from sammobile, will it fix everything? Sorry, kind of a noob question, but I am just not sure where to start. I was thinking of just flashing the kernel as i really don't want to lose any pics and stuff that I have on the phone and I think that will happen if I flash a new ROM, won't it? Sorry for such noob questions. Thought I had a grasp, but 1 little mistake and now I'm hurtin........don't want to make it worse. Thanks again for the help.
15th April 2014, 01:24 AM   |  #5  
Flag Los Angeles
Thanks Meter: 979

3,274 posts
More
I'd Odin flash the stock 4.4 image.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th April 2014, 01:26 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member
Flag Waterford, MI

16 posts
More
I will give that a shot.
15th April 2014, 01:29 AM   |  #7  
Flag Houston

2,583 posts
More
Yeah it will fix it, and you don't lose any pics if you flash a ROM, only data if you do a full wipe.. Now it is recommended to do a full wipe, but for the sake of this situation if you dirty flash a stock ROM, it should boot and have all your contacts, apps, and stuff like that.. if you really need them you can back them up and then wipe, or factory reset, or whatever it is you have planned.. Just make sure you flash a 4.4.2 stock ROM if you do

15th April 2014, 03:45 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Flag Waterford, MI

16 posts
More
OK. That worked. Phone is booting and working properly now. Thanks for the help. I am, however, still seeing the "Kernel is not seandroid enforcing" and the 2nd line of text as well. I see this during boot. I understand this shouldn't be an issue, but is there a way to get rid of that message?
15th April 2014, 04:14 AM   |  #9  
Flag Houston

2,583 posts
More
What exactly did you do to fix it? If you flashed a ROM then it probably has a custom kernel and that's why it shows the message.. You can flash the stock kernel, or do a restore in Odin to get rid of it, but I wouldn't bother unless you return it for warranty

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread