Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,812,110 Members 39,739 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Rooted Phone Doesn't Show up in Wiindows

Tip us?

bladehawk
Old
(Last edited by bladehawk; 14th April 2014 at 11:13 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Default [Q] Rooted Phone Doesn't Show up in Wiindows

So I have a Rooted Note 3 and I've played with a lot of the software everything from autostarts to control startup to trying custom kernels, so I've messed with a lot of things.

For some reason on 3 different computers my phone stopped being visible as a mountable drive. Odin can see the device the PC's can mount other USB devices. I'm trying to figure out what I could have changed that's causing this. All three have worked fine previously and have the most current drivers.

The phone can see it's connected, MTP doesn't work (error code 10 fails to start), PTP fails (silently) as well. Tried all the suggestions I've found online , but most are things to change on the PC, not the phone. Kies can't see the phone, but ADB & Odin can.

Phone says it's connected as a media device.

I've:
- Replaced the kernel
- Froze Autostarts after re-enabling anything that could relate
- Disabled Xposed Framework

So what change could I have made to cause USB to stop working?

Rosli59564
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladehawk View Post
So I have a Rooted Note 3 and I've played with a lot of the software everything from autostarts to control startup to trying custom kernels, so I've messed with a lot of things.

For some reason on 3 different computers my phone stopped being visible as a mountable drive. Odin can see the device the PC's can mount other USB devices. I'm trying to figure out what I could have changed that's causing this. All three have worked fine previously and have the most current drivers.

The phone can see it's connected, MTP doesn't work (error code 10 fails to start), PTP fails (silently) as well. Tried all the suggestions I've found online , but most are things to change on the PC, not the phone. Kies can't see the phone, but ADB & Odin can.

Phone says it's connected as a media device.

I've:
- Replaced the kernel
- Froze Autostarts after re-enabling anything that could relate
- Disabled Xposed Framework

So what change could I have made to cause USB to stop working?
Try reinstall usb driver if haven't do so. Also enable/disable usb debugging

bladehawk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosli59564 View Post
Try reinstall usb driver if haven't do so. Also enable/disable usb debugging
Already did, no dice. Thanks for trying though.
The Following User Says Thank You to bladehawk For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Rosli59564
Old
Thanks Meter 154
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladehawk View Post
Already did, no dice. Thanks for trying though.
Uninstall kies and reinstall usb driver. Can't use kies with rooted phone either

bladehawk
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 32
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosli59564 View Post
Uninstall kies and reinstall usb driver. Can't use kies with rooted phone either
The driver comes with Kies now. Three computers stopped working with the phone it's not a PC driver issue. At least I know why Kies is ignoring it now, thank you.