FORUMS

[Q] Rooted Phone Doesn't Show up in Wiindows

219 posts
Thanks Meter: 34
 
By bladehawk, Senior Member on 14th April 2014, 11:01 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
So I have a Rooted Note 3 and I've played with a lot of the software everything from autostarts to control startup to trying custom kernels, so I've messed with a lot of things.

For some reason on 3 different computers my phone stopped being visible as a mountable drive. Odin can see the device the PC's can mount other USB devices. I'm trying to figure out what I could have changed that's causing this. All three have worked fine previously and have the most current drivers.

The phone can see it's connected, MTP doesn't work (error code 10 fails to start), PTP fails (silently) as well. Tried all the suggestions I've found online , but most are things to change on the PC, not the phone. Kies can't see the phone, but ADB & Odin can.

Phone says it's connected as a media device.

I've:
- Replaced the kernel
- Froze Autostarts after re-enabling anything that could relate
- Disabled Xposed Framework


So what change could I have made to cause USB to stop working?
Last edited by bladehawk; 14th April 2014 at 11:13 PM.
 
 
14th April 2014, 11:40 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 212
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladehawk

So I have a Rooted Note 3 and I've played with a lot of the software everything from autostarts to control startup to trying custom kernels, so I've messed with a lot of things.

For some reason on 3 different computers my phone stopped being visible as a mountable drive. Odin can see the device the PC's can mount other USB devices. I'm trying to figure out what I could have changed that's causing this. All three have worked fine previously and have the most current drivers.

The phone can see it's connected, MTP doesn't work (error code 10 fails to start), PTP fails (silently) as well. Tried all the suggestions I've found online , but most are things to change on the PC, not the phone. Kies can't see the phone, but ADB & Odin can.

Phone says it's connected as a media device.

I've:
- Replaced the kernel
- Froze Autostarts after re-enabling anything that could relate
- Disabled Xposed Framework


So what change could I have made to cause USB to stop working?

Try reinstall usb driver if haven't do so. Also enable/disable usb debugging
14th April 2014, 11:50 PM |#3  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosli59564

Try reinstall usb driver if haven't do so. Also enable/disable usb debugging

Already did, no dice. Thanks for trying though.
The Following User Says Thank You to bladehawk For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 12:06 AM |#4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 212
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by bladehawk

Already did, no dice. Thanks for trying though.

Uninstall kies and reinstall usb driver. Can't use kies with rooted phone either
15th April 2014, 03:32 AM |#5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rosli59564

Uninstall kies and reinstall usb driver. Can't use kies with rooted phone either

The driver comes with Kies now. Three computers stopped working with the phone it's not a PC driver issue. At least I know why Kies is ignoring it now, thank you.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes