5,606,201 Members 33,735 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[REF] Why I bought my Xperia SP

Tip us?

Dominic.B
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Wink Flawless Gaming!

Being a hardcore gamer I needed a phone which would be small enough to hold yet big enough to see everything clearly.

This beast has a high performance GPU - Adreno 320

I mostly play HD games like Nova 3, Asphalt 8 (High Settings), Ravensword Shadowlands etc.

And my SP lets me play 'em all without any efforts or lags

chewlohseng
Old
Thanks Meter 28
Quote:
Originally Posted by wax911 View Post
Hey yall, I'm also considering getting the SP but there seems to be something bothering me about what I've read in the thread about, using 4.3 (ram issue). So a few questions:

1. Does all 4.3 based roms have this problem e.g CM10.2
2. What is the biggest let down on this phone

Specs are a bonus for me, I'm more concerned about real world performance.
Thank you in advance
Stock 12.1.A.1.201 fixes a lot of problems. Users are still complaining it lags because they didn't follow my method to make the device faster.
Enable Developer Options (Settings -> About phone -> Tap Build Number 7 times), set the 3 animation scales to 0.5x each. Speed boost and RAM seems to free up even more after a restart. Try it and you'll see the difference.

Quote:
Originally Posted by dotzev View Post
Hi, I'm wondering if i should get the Xperia SP, but my problem is that the screen is too big for me, and the front camera is only vga... Could someone please recommend a phone with the aprox. same specs and a smaller hd screen and a front camera that is better than vga?
Same specs would only be Moto X (bigger screen though). Moto G would be a good option if you no need the powerful Adreno 320 GPU.
Current phone: Sony Xperia SP LTE (C5303).
Excellent all around mid-range smartphone from Sony!
Merge with M1 nationwide 4G and Home Fibre Broadband, the phone can fly through everyday task with little to no problems!
The Following User Says Thank You to chewlohseng For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]