Having tremendous issues with the Gear Fit

13th April 2014, 04:25 AM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 3

35 posts
Coming from a Galaxy Gear and still using my Note 3.

Unfortunately, I'm having to significant issues with my new Gear Fit.

1. Sometimes, the auto-lock-unlock feature does not work. In other words, the ability to unlock my Note 3 with just a swipe up while wearing my Fit instead of inputting my pin/pattern without it. Simply, the feature just stops working out of the blue.

2. The Gear Fit synced with my AccuWeather.com app yesterday and the weather was visible on the clock screen, but not today. Today it shows a message and no weather for whatever reason (see pic)

Anyone else??

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-N900A using xda app-developers app
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	uploadfromtaptalk1397359506143.jpg
Views:	479
Size:	57.2 KB
ID:	2683034  
13th April 2014, 04:13 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 921

1,645 posts
More
Sounds like you connection problems between the two devices..

Sent from my HTC One using Tapatalk
15th April 2014, 04:00 AM   |  #3  
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Here's what I've got so far:

1. The Auto Lock feature is not consistent. Even though the G-Fit is in range of my phone, it sometimes still makes me do the pattern unlock. It was my understanding if my Fit is in range that would automatically unlock the phone.

2. S Health is not updated to the version that will work fully with the Gear Fit.

3. The wake-up gesture of raising my arm to turn on the screen doesn't work consistently. I had the original Gear watch and that seemed way more consistent. I'm hoping a firmware update from Samsung could make this better.

4. The Find My Device feature will locate the phone but only makes it vibrate, not ring which would be better. It also turns on the flash which is useless if your device is lying flash side down.

5. The Find My Device feature only works one direction. If I misplace my G-Fit there is nothing in Gear Fit Manager to make it buzz.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread