5,593,458 Members 36,740 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][2/16/14][Android 4.3][UVUCMK7 Debloated][F2FS] Conch Republic Edition 2D and 2S

Tip us?

James62370
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Update: Dirty Flashed Conch Republic with Stock Kernel, did not work. Dirty Flashed SWARM Version 1 and now I'm able to connect to my Gear 2. Unfortunately wifi isn't working unless I use the wi-fi patch. Also I won't be able to use this fantastic ROM. Will try dirty flashing Conch Republic on top, hopefully the settings will stay

EdKeys
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 531

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by James62370 View Post
Update: Dirty Flashed Conch Republic with Stock Kernel, did not work. Dirty Flashed SWARM Version 1 and now I'm able to connect to my Gear 2. Unfortunately wifi isn't working unless I use the wi-fi patch. Also I won't be able to use this fantastic ROM. Will try dirty flashing Conch Republic on top, hopefully the settings will stay
Don't think it will since the flash script wipes the system files. Does answer the question of whether it was the debloating I did or not and yes, I took out the files you need apparently. I'll find out what they are and put something together... just give me a day or so.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Phone: SGH-T889
ROM: Conch Republic Edition 2D F2FS
PDA version: T889UVUCMK7
Baseband version: T889UVUCMK7
Bootloader version: T889UVBMD1
Android version: 4.3
Kernel version: 3.0.999

James62370
Old
(Last edited by James62370; Yesterday at 08:55 PM.)
Thanks Meter 36
Quote:
Originally Posted by EdKeys View Post
Don't think it will since the flash script wipes the system files. Does answer the question of whether it was the debloating I did or not and yes, I took out the files you need apparently. I'll find out what they are and put something together... just give me a day or so.

Sent from my SGH-T889 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
I dirty flashed to your current ROM and then flashed the latest version of devil kernel. I'm fortunate enough to say that the gear 2 can now connect. Everything seems to work properly, except for one little issue.

After going into the gear manager on my phone, whenever leaving the app, by pressing the back or the home key, I get the notice "Unable to connect to the Gear. Connecting to the Gear is not supported by your mobile device..." However, even with this little issue, it remains connected and appears to be working.

The following apps were automatically installed and even updated my Gear 2 to the latest firmware to R380XXU0BND8. It was approximately a 24 Meg firmware update which downloaded to my phone first and then pushed to the gear 2. Below is a list of all additional apps:

ConnectionManager 1.0.3
Gear2 Plugin 2.0.1.4040401
goproviders 2.0.58
Hostmanager 2.0.14040401
SAFileTransferCore 2.0.16.1
Samsung Accessory Service 2.13.80
saproviders 2.0.61
Update Gear software 2.140413.2011
WeatherProvider 140403.02_2.0.11

All have the Gear Icon, with the exception of WeatherProvider, that one showed the settings icon so I'm not sure if it's part of the Gear apps.

Anyway, off to further testing and playing with my Gear 2. I would like to thank you again for helping out in this matter. So for now, the only issue is the app popping up with that notice, but everything still seems to be working properly. I even managed to keep all my data intact

Looking forward to your update none the less... Thank you again!!

Update: S Voice doesn't work either...
The Following User Says Thank You to James62370 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]