OP WorldOfJohnboy

14th April 2014, 10:35 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Syracuse
Thanks Meter: 61

499 posts
Donate to Me
More
I've noticed that on some custom ROMs, the Verizon Visual Voicemail application doesn't work (If memory serves, it says something to the effect of "Media not supported"). Going back to my Rezound or Thunderbolt ownership days, I recall a workaround for this app, provided you are Rooted (and I believe need S-Off as well, but don't quote me on that). Here's the procedure to get VVM working on most HTC devices:

1. Download Visual Voicemail app from Store HERE.
  2. Download Build Prop Editor HERE.
  3. Open Build Prop Editor, allow SU access.
  4. Locate/Search for "ro.HorizontalVVM"
  5. Change from "True" to "False"
  6. Reboot phone when prompted by Build Prop Editor.
  7. Start the VVM App, login.
  8. Profit.

Note: The App is not the one that comes with the One M8, but it is Verizon developed and has basically the same features as most of the "native" apps on stock ROMs.

Please note, I'm not a Dev by any means, so some questions I may not be able to answer. Also, if your custom ROM is missing the ro.HorizontalVVM line in the build prop, you would have to seek assistance from them. I can confirm that this procedure to work on the HTC One M7 (TeamVenom - Viper ROM) as well as the HTC One M8 (TeamVenom - Viper ROM). Note that the procedure has nothing to do with those ROMs, and I certainly don't mean to step on TeamVenom's excellent work in custom ROMs.

I will give credit to the original person that came up with this procedure once I can "dig" and locate.

UPDATE: For those running ViperOne M8 ROM, there is a (IMO) better workaround (MOD) that fixes VVM and MMS/Group Messaging. That process is listed HERE. Great job to JWhetstone02 !
Last edited by WorldOfJohnboy; 17th April 2014 at 10:34 PM.
The Following User Says Thank You to WorldOfJohnboy For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 06:21 AM   |  #2  
OP Senior Member
Syracuse
Thanks Meter: 61

499 posts
Donate to Me
More
Found one of the earliest posts regarding VVM on AndroidForums from 2010: http://androidforums.com/droid-x-all...ml#post1508119 user madAdam.

The post that I first saw on it was for my Thunderbolt: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...&postcount=292 user ahart814

(Side note, I miss Team BAMF on my phones...)
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
build prop edits, visual voicemail, vvm
Previous Thread Next Thread