XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

wifi tether working

Tip us?

ortizdavila
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Smile wifi tether working

After root my HTC one máx and s off i install Milesonemax Rom with twrp 2.6.30 them desinstall the wifitether app that come with Rom an install WIFI TETHER ROUTER BY Fabio Grasso from market them conf as follow interface wlan0(default) ...Method 3-HostApd....and check HostApd patch ....that all the rest setting remain the same go back and activate wifi remember to see password on Encryption Type enjoy ...testing and working if dont see wifi stop wifi and start again
The Following 3 Users Say Thank You to ortizdavila For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

veeeyesee
Old
Thanks Meter 31
Quote:
Originally Posted by ortizdavila View Post
After root my HTC one máx and s off i install Milesonemax Rom with twrp 2.6.30 them desinstall the wifitether app that come with Rom an install WIFI TETHER ROUTER BY Fabio Grasso from market them conf as follow interface wlan0(default) ...Method 3-HostApd....and check HostApd patch ....that all the rest setting remain the same go back and activate wifi remember to see password on Encryption Type enjoy ...testing and working if dont see wifi stop wifi and start again

I was going crazy after trying all the wifi tether app and none of them worked, was about to buy an hospot device but then saw you post, bought the app and it works like a CHAMP , thanks for the find

ortizdavila
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
U welcome im happy that work 4 U too enjoy!!!!!

derkthederk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Thumbs up Happy with this App

Quote:
Originally Posted by ortizdavila View Post
U welcome im happy that work 4 U too enjoy!!!!!
3 Days after purchasing my phone from Sprint. I rooted, unlocked, S-OFF and put ViperMAX 1.0.1 my phone.

I mainly use my cell phone for wifi tethering for my other devices: asus transformer, ipad and laptop so wifi tethering is very important to me. I tested and used the native wifi app for about a week and found that the internet on my phone would go on and off from time to time making certain things like streaming and downloading files a big pain. I would lose connection all the time and it was a complete waste of my time trying to connect. I researched and applied every update and everything possible to get the native wifi tethering working but I never got the performance I wanted. I gave in and purchased this app for 2 bucks and followed the settings above. Everything works great!

After about 3 weeks of testing and using this app, I did want to make sure credit is given here. The app has stabilized my internet while broadcasting my wifi tethering and I can be tethering for hours without any worries. I've left the wifi tether app on for 10+ hours and because my internet connection was good, I was able to stream/download steadily for the entire 10+ hours. Note: This app reminds me of the old old wifi tether apk.

Only two things I would want from this app is maybe a function to change the background of the app and being able to usb tether with this app so I don't have to go through other apps to do so. Both are very minor things and my other all experiences with this app has been good. I hope this helps someone who has/or been having the same problems as me resolve the issue. *Remember to follow the steps from the first post EXACTLY*

Thanks to the initial post and the developer!

gatorguy
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Does Grasso's app work with rooted, unlocked, S-OFF, stock ROM? Or must I have a custom ROM as well? Like many, I've had a rough time getting wifi tether to work on the One max.
HTC One max. Beastly!
HTC One M8 (on loan to wife)
HTC Droid DNA with built-in quad core goodness!
Kindle Fire HDX 8.9

Wonders_Never_Cease
Old
Thanks Meter 102
Should be able to edit system\customize\ACC\default.xml and shouldnt have to remove an apps

UTbone04
Old
Thanks Meter 1
I was using FoxFi while on JB but ever since I upgraded to KitKat it then said I needed a tethering plan. So I tried this app with your settings and it works like a charm. Thanks.