OP JPMontana

15th April 2014, 07:05 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Flag Bozeman
Thanks Meter: 3

17 posts
More
Hello...

A few weeks ago, my work required us to install MobileIron. Hesitantly, I complied. I'm happy to say that overall, I guess it's been okay. Do I like that I can't save attachments on my rooted Galaxy S4? No.

But I soon realized just how much MobileIron sucks. My camera still works, but the camcorder does not. When I launch the camera and then click the camcorder button, my phone locks up for about 8 seconds, and then I get the message: Warning Camera Failed. Seriously? Is this is a coincidence that my camcorder fails now that MobileIron is installed? I hardly think so.

Today I called MobileIron support, and just flat out asked the first guy that answered whether it's possible to disable the video camera on Android phones. I told him I was evaluating the product. He put me on hold for about minutes, and then said, "Yes, you can disable the video camera as long as it's on a Samsung SAFE device." My Galaxy S4 is one of their "SAFE" devices, so perhaps that's what our IT MobileIron administrator did. I don't really want to ask, as doing so would draw attention.

Does anyone know of a workaround to get my camera working again? I tried all of the silly little anecdotes for the "camera failed" message I found on the Internet: restarting five times, clearing cache, etc. Nothing works. I'm pretty sure this has to do with MobileIron.

Thank you!
Last edited by JPMontana; 15th April 2014 at 07:07 AM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
camcorder, camera, galaxy s4, mobileiron
Previous Thread Next Thread