Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,324 Members 42,736 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Disabling 4G after 4.3 udpate

Tip us?

escobar9300
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default Disabling 4G after 4.3 udpate

Hi all!

I apologize if this may have been asked elsewhere. I did perform a search but was unsuccessful in finding an answer. Since the 4.3 update in December on my stock Verizon Note 2 I am unable to use programs such as phoneinfo or 4g switch to get to the menu to switch to CDMA only. The apps instantly force close as soon as they're opened.

My 4G signal at work is terrible and switching to 3G made my phone useable, but since the 4.3 update this ability does not work.

Any help is greatly appreciated and again sorry if this may have been asked before.
The Following User Says Thank You to escobar9300 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

chelper
Old
Thanks Meter 21
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar9300 View Post
Hi all!

I apologize if this may have been asked elsewhere. I did perform a search but was unsuccessful in finding an answer. Since the 4.3 update in December on my stock Verizon Note 2 I am unable to use programs such as phoneinfo or 4g switch to get to the menu to switch to CDMA only. The apps instantly force close as soon as they're opened.

My 4G signal at work is terrible and switching to 3G made my phone useable, but since the 4.3 update this ability does not work.

Any help is greatly appreciated and again sorry if this may have been asked before.
I would really like to know how to do this too. Have you had any luck?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

icedventimocha
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 2982

DONATE TO ME
Try flashing an AOSP rom, use the toggle to turn off 4g, then install a Touchwiz rom.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II

danam
Old
Thanks Meter 18
Haven't tried it on 4.3 yet, but I use Advanced Signal Status from the Play Store on 4.2. Can't hurt to try.
The Following User Says Thank You to danam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

icedventimocha
Old
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Thanks Meter 2982

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by danam View Post
Haven't tried it on 4.3 yet, but I use Advanced Signal Status from the Play Store on 4.2. Can't hurt to try.
I can confirm this works. Way better than my suggestion

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
The Following User Says Thank You to icedventimocha For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nh97103
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by danam View Post
THANK YOU! I have spent hours looking for an app capable of switching my network mode. I used to use Phone Info, but it just force closes upon opening ever since 4.3. Thanks again!