No registration required

Disabling 4G after 4.3 udpate

OP escobar9300

6th January 2014, 08:43 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

6 posts
Hi all!

I apologize if this may have been asked elsewhere. I did perform a search but was unsuccessful in finding an answer. Since the 4.3 update in December on my stock Verizon Note 2 I am unable to use programs such as phoneinfo or 4g switch to get to the menu to switch to CDMA only. The apps instantly force close as soon as they're opened.

My 4G signal at work is terrible and switching to 3G made my phone useable, but since the 4.3 update this ability does not work.

Any help is greatly appreciated and again sorry if this may have been asked before.
The Following User Says Thank You to escobar9300 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
7th January 2014, 02:05 PM   |  #2  
Flag Atlanta
Thanks Meter: 21

198 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by escobar9300

Hi all!

I apologize if this may have been asked elsewhere. I did perform a search but was unsuccessful in finding an answer. Since the 4.3 update in December on my stock Verizon Note 2 I am unable to use programs such as phoneinfo or 4g switch to get to the menu to switch to CDMA only. The apps instantly force close as soon as they're opened.

My 4G signal at work is terrible and switching to 3G made my phone useable, but since the 4.3 update this ability does not work.

Any help is greatly appreciated and again sorry if this may have been asked before.

I would really like to know how to do this too. Have you had any luck?

Sent from my SCH-I605 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
8th January 2014, 07:13 PM   |  #3  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Erie
Thanks Meter: 3,304

2,323 posts
Donate to Me
More
Try flashing an AOSP rom, use the toggle to turn off 4g, then install a Touchwiz rom.

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
9th January 2014, 03:08 AM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 18

95 posts
Haven't tried it on 4.3 yet, but I use Advanced Signal Status from the Play Store on 4.2. Can't hurt to try.
The Following User Says Thank You to danam For This Useful Post: [ View ]
9th January 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #5  
Recognized Contributor / Themer
Flag Erie
Thanks Meter: 3,304

2,323 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danam

Haven't tried it on 4.3 yet, but I use Advanced Signal Status from the Play Store on 4.2. Can't hurt to try.

I can confirm this works. Way better than my suggestion

Sent from my Galaxy Note II
The Following User Says Thank You to icedventimocha For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 08:13 AM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 23

154 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by danam

THANK YOU! I have spent hours looking for an app capable of switching my network mode. I used to use Phone Info, but it just force closes upon opening ever since 4.3. Thanks again!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread