Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,011 Members 38,873 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] One keeps disconnecting and unauthorizing?

Tip us?

mosshorn
Old
(Last edited by mosshorn; 14th April 2014 at 01:08 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Default [Q] One keeps disconnecting and unauthorizing?

This is an odd incidence, and I can't seem to find a solution. Attempting to install Firewater with the Weaksauce method. Every time I adb reboot my device, possibly get into shell, the device disconnects, and reconnects after about 5 seconds, unauthorized. I've tried everything I can think of (reinstalling drivers, deleting .android, revoking and reinstating, kill/start server) to no avail.

Does anyone have an idea of what would cause this?

EDIT: Solved, but now my incident is much worse. Starting a new thread.

Abe21599
Old
Thanks Meter 32
any of the HTC software on the computer still? or a passcode lock on the phone?

mosshorn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Negative. All software is off save for the driver installer, and no passcode or any lock is on the phone. Tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling drivers one more time, no dice.

runandhide05
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2368

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosshorn View Post
Negative. All software is off save for the driver installer, and no passcode or any lock is on the phone. Tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling drivers one more time, no dice.
Sounds like you either didn't or haven't authorized the RSA ... You can clear any previously allowed or denied pc in the development settings

sent from(:::::

mosshorn
Old
(Last edited by mosshorn; 14th April 2014 at 05:07 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05 View Post
Sounds like you either didn't or haven't authorized the RSA ... You can clear any previously allowed or denied pc in the development settings

I've had it authorized (able to reboot, actually got it to FW once but it hung), but if it resets the connection it becomes unauthorized again.

EDIT: Didn't get FW to actually work, it never started chugging. Only dots.

mosshorn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05 View Post

Quote:
I've had it authorized (able to reboot, actually got it to FW once but it hung), but if it resets the connection it becomes unauthorized again.

EDIT: Didn't get FW to actually work, it never started chugging. Only dots.
Well, I achieved S-Off. Now I'm just stuck in a TWRP bootloop.

dbroadus2007
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Well, I achieved S-Off. Now I'm just stuck in a TWRP bootloop.
How did you fix the constant disconnects in ADB? I have the same issue, but cannot get it to work. I can get all the way to the "Yes" part, but soon after it disconnects and becomes offline...

mosshorn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbroadus2007 View Post
How did you fix the constant disconnects in ADB? I have the same issue, but cannot get it to work. I can get all the way to the "Yes" part, but soon after it disconnects and becomes offline...
After I ADB rebooted the phone, I disconnected the server and reconnected it. This seemed to give me auth back, though I can't suggest it. I'm a lot closer to brick territory after a few sleepy decisions now.

dbroadus2007
Old
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
After I ADB rebooted the phone, I disconnected the server and reconnected it. This seemed to give me auth back, though I can't suggest it. I'm a lot closer to brick territory after a few sleepy decisions now.
Yea I thought about doing that but thought the whole firewater thing had to be done with an adb reboot, and maintain the same adb connection throughout the whole process....