Backup+ Lets You Backup Your App Data on Android Lollipop

Even though Android 5.0 Lollipop hasn’t yet seen its official release, quite … more

TechTalk Compiles All the Android News You Need in One App

If you’re as obsessed with mobile devices as the vast majority of our forum … more

Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

[Q] One keeps disconnecting and unauthorizing?

OP mosshorn

14th April 2014, 03:42 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 2

20 posts
This is an odd incidence, and I can't seem to find a solution. Attempting to install Firewater with the Weaksauce method. Every time I adb reboot my device, possibly get into shell, the device disconnects, and reconnects after about 5 seconds, unauthorized. I've tried everything I can think of (reinstalling drivers, deleting .android, revoking and reinstating, kill/start server) to no avail.

Does anyone have an idea of what would cause this?

EDIT: Solved, but now my incident is much worse. Starting a new thread.
Last edited by mosshorn; 14th April 2014 at 01:08 PM.
14th April 2014, 03:51 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 32

140 posts
any of the HTC software on the computer still? or a passcode lock on the phone?
14th April 2014, 04:20 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Negative. All software is off save for the driver installer, and no passcode or any lock is on the phone. Tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling drivers one more time, no dice.
14th April 2014, 04:33 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter: 2,451

2,805 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by mosshorn

Negative. All software is off save for the driver installer, and no passcode or any lock is on the phone. Tried completely uninstalling and reinstalling drivers one more time, no dice.

Sounds like you either didn't or haven't authorized the RSA ... You can clear any previously allowed or denied pc in the development settings

sent from(:::::
14th April 2014, 04:44 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05

Sounds like you either didn't or haven't authorized the RSA ... You can clear any previously allowed or denied pc in the development settings

I've had it authorized (able to reboot, actually got it to FW once but it hung), but if it resets the connection it becomes unauthorized again.

EDIT: Didn't get FW to actually work, it never started chugging. Only dots.
Last edited by mosshorn; 14th April 2014 at 05:07 AM.
14th April 2014, 05:49 AM   |  #6  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by runandhide05

Quote:

I've had it authorized (able to reboot, actually got it to FW once but it hung), but if it resets the connection it becomes unauthorized again.

EDIT: Didn't get FW to actually work, it never started chugging. Only dots.

Well, I achieved S-Off. Now I'm just stuck in a TWRP bootloop.
14th April 2014, 05:18 PM   |  #7  
Flag Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 16

251 posts
More
Exclamation
Quote:

Well, I achieved S-Off. Now I'm just stuck in a TWRP bootloop.

How did you fix the constant disconnects in ADB? I have the same issue, but cannot get it to work. I can get all the way to the "Yes" part, but soon after it disconnects and becomes offline...
15th April 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by dbroadus2007

How did you fix the constant disconnects in ADB? I have the same issue, but cannot get it to work. I can get all the way to the "Yes" part, but soon after it disconnects and becomes offline...

After I ADB rebooted the phone, I disconnected the server and reconnected it. This seemed to give me auth back, though I can't suggest it. I'm a lot closer to brick territory after a few sleepy decisions now.
15th April 2014, 07:29 AM   |  #9  
Flag Fort Worth, TX
Thanks Meter: 16

251 posts
More
Quote:

After I ADB rebooted the phone, I disconnected the server and reconnected it. This seemed to give me auth back, though I can't suggest it. I'm a lot closer to brick territory after a few sleepy decisions now.

Yea I thought about doing that but thought the whole firewater thing had to be done with an adb reboot, and maintain the same adb connection throughout the whole process....

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread