5,597,647 Members 33,226 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[HARD BRICK Fixed] - N9005-Make your debrick.img and have it on extSdCard by security

Tip us?

ValenteL
Old
(Last edited by ValenteL; 14th February 2014 at 09:54 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 790
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
Well, there is first one sector (512 bytes, 0x200) with the "legacy MS-DOS-type partition table" ...
Thank You
I already read many about Knox and it's element's and like a retired from computers technical I understood what You explained.

EDIT: Sorry @xclub_101 I'm thinking on this You wrote "I think it could be safer (against a very paranoid knox-checking bootloader) to use 256MB for a debrick image".

I send my debrick.img from 128 M to berrg Member and he have debricked your N9005, like this Thread. He not explained me what he made and I not understand what arrived. I'm confused.
What You think about this?

Thank You.
Best Regards (Cumprimentos).
Valente

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by ValenteL View Post
Thank You
I already read many about Knox and it's element's and like a retired from computers technical I understood what You explained.

EDIT: Sorry @xclub_101 I'm thinking on this You wrote "I think it could be safer (against a very paranoid knox-checking bootloader) to use 256MB for a debrick image".

I send my debrick.img from 128 M to berrg Member and he have debricked your N9005, like this Thread. He not explained me what he made and I not understand what arrived. I'm confused.
What You think about this?

Thank You.

The 128 vs 256 MB could ONLY be a difference if you have knox 0x0 before you "bricked" the device, if you are knox 0x1 both are probably just as good. And I must repeat - COULD be a difference only in case the bootloader is paranoid and checks the kernel/recovery from the microSD image itself.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7
The Following User Says Thank You to xclub_101 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

nabel_sweed
Old
(Last edited by nabel_sweed; 16th February 2014 at 03:52 PM.)
Thanks Meter 6
Thank you
succeeded with me this way
Download win32diskimager
Download your debrick image
Unzip both items and run win32diskimager
Run win32diskimager
browse for your extracted debrick image
Select your microSD in the dropdown box
Click write

thank very much after flash 4.4.2 my mobil back to live

mfractal
Old
(Last edited by mfractal; 17th February 2014 at 08:42 PM.)
Thanks Meter 503

DONATE TO ME
tried flashing 4.4.2 and my phone is totally dead. no light no screen nothing..

Phone is SM-N9005.

Tried the image posted on the first page without success.. Any idea why =/ ?

BTW - mine doesn't show in device manager at all.

I think mine must be even more bricked.

nabel_sweed
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by xclub_101 View Post
For people that still have knox 0x0 (so no custom recovery) here are a few alternatives (of which one is also mentioned in some other places around, for instance this thread):

- all images described here will also contain a backup of SOME (the 256MB image) or ALL (32GB image) of the information on your phone, including EFS and IMEI - so making at least the 256MB debrick image is a good idea even only for this backup!

- it is assumed that you are rooted and you have some form of busybox installed on the Note 3;

- also on the USB-based methods it is assumed that you have one PC where you have ADB and CYGWIN or similar (netcat for Windows might be enough) installed (and you have USB debugging enabled and approved that PC to use with adb on your Note 3; also certain paths are assumed to be active, if not just use the full pathname in the corresponding commands)

- 1 - simplest method, PC and one microSD needed, you connect the USB cable then do:

adb shell

su

then if you want to just SAVE the debrick image to microSD you do:

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 count=524288 of=/storage/extSdCard/debrick.bin

or if you want to directly make the debrick microSD (which will NOT be seen as a microSD any more after this, and of course all previous content on the microSD will be lost)

dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 count=524288 of=/dev/block/mmcblk1

- 2 - if you do not want to use the PC you can even do the same commands above directly from the phone in Terminal Emulator - but typing will be a lot more complex

- on methods 1 and 2 you can also make a 32GB image (by omitting the count=524288 parameter) - as long as you have a microSD with 32GB or more free

- 3 - finally a method when you have no microSD (or no space on it, or you want to save the full 32GB image and do not want to wait twice) - connect your Note 3 over USB (somehow similar methods would also work over wireless connection, but slower; trying to use USB 3 will not be faster and will create huge problems since after 10 minutes USB 3 will be de-activated)

- on the PC create a port forward with something like

adb forward tcp:5555 tcp:5555

(you can check that it worked with adb forward --list)

- then still from PC start a shell over adb on the Note 3 and go superuser:

adb shell

su

- from that adb shell IF YOU WANT A FULL (32 GB) BACKUP start this command on the Note 3:

nc -l -p 5555 -e dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0

(this should start netcat on Note 3 and set it to wait for a connection, then when that is established send the content of the entire internal flash)

- from that adb shell IF YOU WANT A MINIMAL 256 MB BACKUP start this command on the Note 3:

nc -l -p 5555 -e dd if=/dev/block/mmcblk0 count=524288

- still on the PC open a CYGWIN command prompt (elevated on Vista or newer) and from that one do:

nc 127.0.0.1 5555 > debrick.bin

that will open the connection and get the file sent from the Note 3 - this will take LONG (maybe over 2 hours on a 32 GB Note 3; OBVIOUSLY you need to have write permission and more than 32 GB free space).

The resulting debrick.bin will have like 112 extra bytes (or so) appended at the end (you can remove those with a program like trunc but it is unlikely to ever be a problem if you do not).

If you want to store it in a safe place - 7zip will compress those pretty well (depending on how full the internal storage of your Note 3 is) - mine fits after compression on one DVD-R.

You can also write it onto a miniSD for debricking purposes - writing all of it does not make so much sense unless you have many 32 GB microSD cards that you never use; for the purpose of just debricking it is said that even a 2-4 GB microSD will be able to boot in download mode, even a 128-256 MB one will boot (but IMHO 128MB is too little and might trigger knox on an ultra-paranoid bootloader, so 256MB is the size that I recommend).

Also note that it seems that entire "debricking using microSD" works a little different on Qualcomm-based Samsung phones vs Exynos-based phones - so far all in this thread is about Qualcomm-based models, for Exynos-based models you will need to search on Google after an original Samsung document called

13-58_SM-N900_Boot_Recovery_Guide_rev1.0.pdf

,which describes how on Exynos you also need one extra (and pretty simple) hardware trick (the same seems to be also valid on other Exynos phones, there is a similar document on debricking the S3 i9300).
Can i follow these instructions and get debrick.bin on with the Samsung i9505 ?

xclub_101
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by nabel_sweed View Post
Can i follow these instructions and get debrick.bin on with the Samsung i9505 ?
I think yes - but I did not research a lot the topic on i9505, so I can not point to a thread specific for that.
N9005 Universal Root De La Vega / Mobile Odin Pro, Knox 0x0, MJ7

nabel_sweed
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Thank you for your response
I've experimenting with with Samsung i9505 and got debrick.bin but when you put the memory in The phone does not work and stays dead, and when connected to your computer gives the status qualcom usb mode.

exprxp
Old
Thanks Meter 32
Tried to create microSD card by Odin3 v3.9 and now I ave 2 types of JTAG cards

1. 4.3 JB
2. 4.4 KK

So if i have phone no power 4.3 Then I just instert my 4.3 JB JTAG microSD then power up. Phone will power up in Download Mode after 10 seconds.

If someone has a KK phone, then I insert KK JTAG microSD card

If phone power up normally but I still want to do JTAG, I need to open the phone then SHORT one resistor on the PBA then try ti power up.

tested on many Note 3 phones like (N9005 Qualcomm)

Product F(RED)
Old
Thanks Meter 2438

DONATE TO ME
Does anyone know how to duplicate this on other carrier variants (Qualcomm), such as the SM N900T (T-Mobile US). Are there any steps I can take to create the necessary file(s)?

HTC Evo 4G -> HTC Evo 3D/Nexus S 4G -> Galaxy S II -> iPhone 4S -> Galaxy S II -> Galaxy Nexus -> Galaxy S3 i9300 -> Galaxy Note 2 i317 -> Galaxy Note 2 T889

orbital_71
Old
Thanks Meter 227
Hi so ur debrick are for all n9005 variant right? And it will work on asia model as well?

Sent from my SM-N9005 using Tapatalk 2

LG-P990
Baseband 1120