Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

b112 - screen brightness problems

OP Sacerdot

13th April 2014, 11:37 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 4

26 posts
Hi,
anyone experienced issues with brightness level on B112? i bought the phone used on ebay, and it came with this firmware

if the brightness is set at the middle, it looks like is set at minimum, and if i try to set it below middle, the screen goes totally black ( 0 visibility )...also if i set the screen on auto brightness, the second it is set, it goes blank screen ( the screen is working, just the brightness is so low you cannot see anything )

also, should i consider upgrading from B112 to a newer firmware? performance wise, i am very happy with B112, because comparing with B125 ( on my second ascend p6 ) it runs smoother, no lag in menu at all ( so far ). i also get in antutu 15200-15700 scores with B112.

any thoughts are welcome
14th April 2014, 10:50 AM   |  #2  
Flag RAMNICU VALCEA
Thanks Meter: 37

15 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sacerdot

Hi,
anyone experienced issues with brightness level on B112? i bought the phone used on ebay, and it came with this firmware

if the brightness is set at the middle, it looks like is set at minimum, and if i try to set it below middle, the screen goes totally black ( 0 visibility )...also if i set the screen on auto brightness, the second it is set, it goes blank screen ( the screen is working, just the brightness is so low you cannot see anything )

also, should i consider upgrading from B112 to a newer firmware? performance wise, i am very happy with B112, because comparing with B125 ( on my second ascend p6 ) it runs smoother, no lag in menu at all ( so far ). i also get in antutu 15200-15700 scores with B112.

any thoughts are welcome

Hello,

Are you using the buttons at the pulldown menu or the phone settings menu to set the brightness ?
If it happens only when you are using the pulldown menu you can try the following (if you have a rooted phone) :

1.First of all, make a copy of build.prop and save it on your SD card !
2.Open build.prop (located in system folder in your device) with a root file explorer (like ES File Explorer on Google Play).
3.Look for this line "ro.config.disablesmbacklinght=true".
4.Replace "true" with "false".
5.Reboot the phone.

PS : You can save the changes in build.prop only if you mount your system like RW (see the ES File Explorer settings)
14th April 2014, 12:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
it happens all the time, doesn't matter how I get to screen brightness...it acts the same
14th April 2014, 01:49 PM   |  #4  
Flag RAMNICU VALCEA

15 posts
More
Quote:

it happens all the time, doesn't matter how I get to screen brightness...it acts the same

Do you have the Smart Backlight option ON in the phone settings menu > Display ? Try to disable it !
It is possible that you have a preinstalled application like Screen Filter (by the last owner)? If yes, try to uninstall it !

Best regards,
Last edited by vigitall; 14th April 2014 at 01:55 PM.
14th April 2014, 03:45 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigitall

Do you have the Smart Backlight option ON in the phone settings menu > Display ? Try to disable it !
It is possible that you have a preinstalled application like Screen Filter (by the last owner)? If yes, try to uninstall it !

Best regards,

smart backlight is OFF
there is no app preinstalled, as i have factory reset the phone...no other funky app either

i was thinking maybe there is a system file that can be tweaked with, to edit a maximum and a minimum parameter for the brightness ...
14th April 2014, 04:12 PM   |  #6  
Flag RAMNICU VALCEA

15 posts
More
Quote:

smart backlight is OFF
there is no app preinstalled, as i have factory reset the phone...no other funky app either

i was thinking maybe there is a system file that can be tweaked with, to edit a maximum and a minimum parameter for the brightness ...

You have the possibility to check if it is a software problem using Lux Dash application (do a search on Google Play).
"Lux is a third-party app that allows you to easily calibrate your phone’s brightness sensor".You could try it !
15th April 2014, 11:25 AM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

26 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by vigitall

You have the possibility to check if it is a software problem using Lux Dash application (do a search on Google Play).
"Lux is a third-party app that allows you to easily calibrate your phone’s brightness sensor".You could try it !

i tried Lux, and it works, but it does not have any calibrate function, it is a good alternative to default screen brightness tho...

I was hoping for a fix for the default ( built in ) screen brightness setup menu...anyway, this will do the trick for now

thanks

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread