Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,740,480 Members 44,841 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

sharing xbox music after 8.1 update

Tip us?

RobbieRobski
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default sharing xbox music after 8.1 update

Hey guys. Just updated to 8.1 today on my 1020. I noticed there is now only one xbox music app.
Previously there was the music app and the xbox music app that you could download.

The benefit of this was that on 8.0 the xbox music app could use any user id you signed in with, rather than the microsoft associated with your phone.

So, that meant that my sister could have an xbox music account, and the kids could each install the app on their devices using her user/pass and they'd have access to it as well.

I was thinking about developer upgrading their devices... but after noticing this change I'm afraid that if I do. They wont be able to share the xbox music service anymore.

Does anyone else do this, can you advise? I know the kids would love cortana, but I know they love music more.

GoodDayToDie
Old
Recognized Developer
Thanks Meter 2645
What you're doing is actually forbidden by the Zune Pass / Xbox Music Pass terms of service. I'm surprised you were able to do it this long!
Win8/Windows RT projects:
List of desktop apps for hacked RT devices

WP8 projects:
Native Access WebServer and Libraries
WP8 Interop Unlocks
Storage Cleanup tool

WP7 projects:
XapHandler, Root Webserver, OEM Marketplace XAPs, Bookmarklets collection (Find On Page), Interop-unlock hacks.

Do not private message me with questions that should have been posted on the forum! Not only are you wasting your time - I'm not going to bother writing an answer to such a question for only one person - but I will probably block you from PMing me in the future as well.
Tags
8.1, cortana, xbox music