Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,757 Members 36,603 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

3G problem with kitkat roms

Tip us?

powerwill
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Default 3G problem with kitkat roms

Hi my friend has a problem with his S3 mini his first custom rom flash was cyangenomod 11.0 4.4.2 he had no problems apart from battery drain, he has flashed a few other kit Kat Roms had no problems, just a bit rubbish so he flashed carbon 4.4.2 and his 3g did not work ever since, no kit Kat Roms work with 3g any more since carbon, he is currently using pacrom 4.3.1 with no problems, but he would like to use carbon 4.4.2 as this rom has particular features which are better than other roms. Is there away to fix this? He ask on Maclaw (novafusion) but no reply.

Sent from my Arc using xda app-developers app

factorexh
Old
Thanks Meter 57
most of people dont experience this. i have novafusion cm11.
make sure flashed with twrp 2.7
make sure he have latest baseband.
and send a email to support@novafusion.pl
dont know if did.
but im sure i read about something manual apn settings. someone must know here. gl

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to factorexh For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Aronuser
Old
Thanks Meter 168
Quote:
Originally Posted by powerwill View Post
Hi my friend has a problem with his S3 mini his first custom rom flash was cyangenomod 11.0 4.4.2 he had no problems apart from battery drain, he has flashed a few other kit Kat Roms had no problems, just a bit rubbish so he flashed carbon 4.4.2 and his 3g did not work ever since, no kit Kat Roms work with 3g any more since carbon, he is currently using pacrom 4.3.1 with no problems, but he would like to use carbon 4.4.2 as this rom has particular features which are better than other roms. Is there away to fix this? He ask on Maclaw (novafusion) but no reply.

make sure to wipe correctly, maybe try a full wipe and clear dalvic afterwards
Please click the thanks button under my post if you considered my post useful! Thank you.

If you like to become a friend of me to discuss the S4 mini I9195, feel free to contact me!
The Following User Says Thank You to Aronuser For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

powerwill
Old
(Last edited by powerwill; 22nd April 2014 at 06:05 PM.)
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 12
Quote:
Originally Posted by factorexh View Post
most of people dont experience this. i have novafusion cm11.
make sure flashed with twrp 2.7
make sure he have latest baseband.
and send a email to support@novafusion.pl
dont know if did.
but im sure i read about something manual apn settings. someone must know here. gl

Sent from my GT-I8190 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
Right I've got him to flash the latest baseband but still no luck the preferred network has changed from 4g to 3g so it has done something, I got him to email novafusion, but he said that he's had no reply, stock rom works with 3g, but 3g does not work at all with kitkat roms