5,601,143 Members 48,409 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] S4 w/ Pioneer AVH-X3600BHS - Enhanced Mirrorlink Capability?

Tip us?

Atrus_SS
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] S4 w/ Pioneer AVH-X3600BHS - Enhanced Mirrorlink Capability?

I've got my head spinning trying to sort out what's possible (if it's possible even) and what's required to provide a more useful experience in using Mirrorlink between an S4 and a PioneerAVH-X3600BHS.

I have a VZW S4 running Jelly "Beans" V7 (lightened TW). I am hoping to purchase the PioneerAVH-X3600BHS. I'd ideally like to do a full mirror of my GS4 onto the Pioneer HU - I'd like to use the native turn-by-turn nav, Pandora, SiriusXM app, potentially Torque.

My questions (to start anyway) are:
1) It looks like I need an adapter - the Pioneer CD-ML100. Is that correct?
2) I see the S3 listed - am I safe to assume the S4 would work as well?
3) What software is the best to use? Is the Drivelink Full the best app? Seems that ARLiberator isn't appropriate for this product (used for the appradios?).
4) If it seems that this HU isn't the well suited for this, is there a comparable one I should look at that would be easier and/or cheaper?

EvoKnvl
Old
Thanks Meter 8
Quote:
Originally Posted by Atrus_SS View Post
I've got my head spinning trying to sort out what's possible (if it's possible even) and what's required to provide a more useful experience in using Mirrorlink between an S4 and a PioneerAVH-X3600BHS.

I have a VZW S4 running Jelly "Beans" V7 (lightened TW). I am hoping to purchase the PioneerAVH-X3600BHS. I'd ideally like to do a full mirror of my GS4 onto the Pioneer HU - I'd like to use the native turn-by-turn nav, Pandora, SiriusXM app, potentially Torque.

My questions (to start anyway) are:
1) It looks like I need an adapter - the Pioneer CD-ML100. Is that correct?
2) I see the S3 listed - am I safe to assume the S4 would work as well?
3) What software is the best to use? Is the Drivelink Full the best app? Seems that ARLiberator isn't appropriate for this product (used for the appradios?).
4) If it seems that this HU isn't the well suited for this, is there a comparable one I should look at that would be easier and/or cheaper?
I'm looking at the same radio for my Note 3 as well. I should have it next week. I believe, in addition to the CD-ML100, you still need the 5pin to 11pin adapter as well?

http://www.amazon.com/Original-Samsu...+pin+to+11+pin

I'm not completely sure. I ordered the 5pin to 11pin. I'm figuring out where I want to order the ML100 from.

jensenkr00
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Any luck with the AVH-X3600?

blackwell387
Old
Thanks Meter 9
Well I ordered the avhx 4600bt and I've been going crazy because it does not have an HDMi in put lime the 8500 series I'm waiting for it to come in any day now I will keep you posted on how it's doing'":,';..?? As for as I know I've been reading that the mirror link is to expensive and does not support the note 3 and I'm pissed because that's the phone and my daily driver. .

Sent from my SM-N900V using XDA Premium 4 mobile app