up at all three sites, and available via Flashify. This is more of a release from Phil to get his sources up to date from 6.25.0. Those running my 6.26.4 will see minimal (if any) change.
- m7 unified for m7ul, m7att and m7tmo
- CWM 18.104.22.168
- merge support for native dual boot devices
- sync sources
The reason is the bug fixed in 6.26.4 (already available for m7vzw): root/recovery check on exit that was never applied even if user says YES
Since it is a non expected bug, I am rolling out an update.
Notice: stock CWM is also affected. The bug is present since 6.09.5 version. Rooting from PhilZ Settings is not affected
Bug details: on exit, when recovery prompts to fix root or recovery, even if user chooses Yes, it was like he chose No
Consequences: root is not applied while user expects it is. Recovery can be overwritten by stock ROM.
13- My ROM maker advises another recovery
If an installer script cannot run on PhilZ Touch, it won't run on CWM. PhilZ Touch is just a CWM mod in that regard. Installer is not modified
Rule of thumb: If a ROM cooker says "YOU MUST USE A GIVEN RECOVERY", be sure there are bugs in his work
A properly formatted updater-script, shell child scripts or aroma scripts should be able to run on any recovery as it should call real blk device paths and not "pre-defined" mount points
Mount points WILL vary from recovery to another and maybe from a version to another. Relying on them is a bad idea
Also, many do miss proper edify scripting rules:
- /sdcard is a symlink, not a folder since years now (/data/media)
- you cannot extract without mounting first
- you must create your paths. Installer won't be verifying you did so
- you cannot mount vold paths (sdcard, usb storage...) by calling the mount point in a shell script. Look at your fstab under recovery to understand why
If a rom maker has issues to understand this, he can ask for help here or in an edify scripting thread