How to Root Android Wear 5.0.1 Lollipop Devices – XDA TV

The Lollipop update for Android Wear devices has hit the market and people are … more

Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Google News doesn't work on my G-Pad. Anyone else?

OP CollinFX45

11th April 2014, 06:33 PM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30

229 posts
Hey Guys,

This issue is driving me absolutely crazy. Since I've had my G Pad, I have never successfully gotten news.google.com to work. It loads, then disappears and I am left with a blank page. I refresh, nothing. I did a factory reset, nothing. I just upgraded to the 4.4.2 KitKat leaked build, nothing - same issue. I really don't want to have to install another browser just to get to Google's own news page!

Am I the only one here? This seems so simple, yet it's so frustrating. My LG G2 works fine, my wife's Galaxy S4 works fine, my Nexus 7 works fine, etc. All using Chrome!

-Collin-
11th April 2014, 07:22 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 1

60 posts
I also can't get news.google.com to work with the default web browser or Google Chrome. But it work with UC Browser HD for Tablet. My G Pad is updated to kit Kat

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk
Last edited by getmealive; 11th April 2014 at 07:24 PM.
11th April 2014, 08:52 PM   |  #3  
Flag Richmond
Thanks Meter: 5

41 posts
More
I also have this issue but have you tried holding it in landscape orientation? Try both with auto rotate screen on. If you have the page loaded and go to landscape and then back to portrait it does work but still does not look correct.
12th April 2014, 12:06 AM   |  #4  
Flag Rio de Janeiro
Thanks Meter: 49

284 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by CollinFX45

Hey Guys,

This issue is driving me absolutely crazy. Since I've had my G Pad, I have never successfully gotten news.google.com to work. It loads, then disappears and I am left with a blank page. I refresh, nothing. I did a factory reset, nothing. I just upgraded to the 4.4.2 KitKat leaked build, nothing - same issue. I really don't want to have to install another browser just to get to Google's own news page!

Am I the only one here? This seems so simple, yet it's so frustrating. My LG G2 works fine, my wife's Galaxy S4 works fine, my Nexus 7 works fine, etc. All using Chrome!

-Collin-

It bears mentioning that the Google Newstand app is designed specifically to display Google News on mobile devices. Otherwise there are some excellent 3rd party apps to read Google New, the best of which is NewsHog, which I use. For the record, I use Firefox for Android and can easily see Google News, but NewsHog is a far superior experience IMHO.
12th April 2014, 04:13 AM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 30

229 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by getmealive

I also can't get news.google.com to work with the default web browser or Google Chrome. But it work with UC Browser HD for Tablet. My G Pad is updated to kit Kat

Sent from my LG-V500 using Tapatalk

Quote:
Originally Posted by brian999

I also have this issue but have you tried holding it in landscape orientation? Try both with auto rotate screen on. If you have the page loaded and go to landscape and then back to portrait it does work but still does not look correct.

Thank you Guys. Glad I'm not the only one. Well, sort of.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Subtleone

It bears mentioning that the Google Newstand app is designed specifically to display Google News on mobile devices. Otherwise there are some excellent 3rd party apps to read Google New, the best of which is NewsHog, which I use. For the record, I use Firefox for Android and can easily see Google News, but NewsHog is a far superior experience IMHO.

I will try that, thanks for the suggestion. Still confuses the heck out of me, however!

-Collin-
15th April 2014, 02:08 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 36

113 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by p51d007

I had the same issue. Tried 3 different chargers. Finally called at&t and they
sent a replacement. If your USB/charge port looks like this, you'll probably have to have it replaced.

Top pick is my old tilt, bottom one is the new tilt

http://i16.photobucket.com/albums/b2...sc/USB_New.jpg

Long standing issue unfortunately... if you're logged in, go into your settings and change crack to the old news view.

https://productforums.google.com/for...s/iPHuCDwsdOwJ

---------- Post added at 07:08 AM ---------- Previous post was at 06:55 AM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by burgeke

Long standing issue unfortunately... if you're logged in, go into your settings and change crack to the old news view.

https://productforums.google.com/for...s/iPHuCDwsdOwJ

*back. Can't edit for some reason...
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread