Got the prompt for 4.4.3 on ATT, do I do it?

Search This thread

Kiwi_Dude

I'm on 4.4.2 rooted.

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

Why not? If you have the bluetooth wakelock bug, then 4.4.3 update is rumoured to fix this, and other system bugs. You could also download then share the update with devs so they could make their ROM's more stable. Just a thought.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Im pretty sure its not 4.4.3. What you received is a patch to 4.4.2 to fix Google+ and such.

Sprint has begun seeding 4.4.3 to N5 users via OTA, so it is possible (however unlikely) that AT&T are seeding to G2 users...

Dkrizzle

Apr 9, 2014
I've always been told you shouldn't do OTA updates when rooted?

Sent from my LG-D800 using xda app-developers app

daraj

Jun 21, 2007
Florida, USA
Why not? If you have the bluetooth wakelock bug, then 4.4.3 update is rumoured to fix this, and other system bugs. You could also download then share the update with devs so they could make their ROM's more stable. Just a thought.

---------- Post added at 12:19 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:16 AM ----------

Sprint has begun seeding 4.4.3 to N5 users via OTA, so it is possible (however unlikely) that AT&T are seeding to G2 users...

The newer phones like G Pro 2 or Flex doesn't even have 4.4.3. In fact, only Nexus now is getting it. So yes maybe next year AT&T will seed it. :p