5,600,571 Members 33,469 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

CM9, CM10, CM11... which one to choose?

Tip us?

PetrichorXFi
Old
Thanks Meter 17
I also use JCSullines 4.2.2.

It is CM10.1 on Kernel 2.6. I believe it is an early January 2014 build ( you can find it by searching for Tenderloin Jellybean with Bluetooth support)

To answer the OP question, each build has advantages.

CM7 was bay FAR the most responsive, and was always able to play local amd streaming content flawlessly.

CM9 provided android 4.0 and the UI enhancements. However it had lip sync issues on local video content. It did however allow very easy updates through "OTA like updates" in the system settimgs options

CM10 -- unknown, didnt try it.

CM10.1 (k2.6)-- basically is CM9 fixed... Mostly. It plays videos well and less battery draim (gone are the days of zero batter without waening and the fear it may be bricked). The issue is that it gets slow with time, perhaps hours or a day.. But youll need to reboot before to long. Videos can lag pretty bad, particularly streaming HD content.

CM10.1 (k3.4) -- unkown, but hopeful. Faster responce, low battery drain, yet possible issues with BT amd or audio/HD videos

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

tpmusicplayer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Cm11 3.0 from jcsullins 5/4 - most stable Skype and Bluetooth I've tried!

Sent from my TouchPad using Tapatalk

steelydan9918
Old
Thanks Meter 1
Will be moving to CM11 for 4.4.2 support. Had CM10 for a while and loved it, but need 4.4.2 for Xfinity TV support. Can't wait...

pocketrussian
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Echoing what others have said, I use Milaq's 4.3 rom (cm10.2), which works well for me: stable, relatively low battery drain, BT, camera. It even supports OTG which I use with my DSLR. Great rom. I am planning on experimenting with jc's 4.4.2 on another TP.

Sent from my TouchPad using xda app-developers app

OptimusI
Old
Thanks Meter 0
I've been using JCSullins 10.1 for a while and just went to his 11. So far the only downside is the current version of Netflix doesn't work correctly. Both bluetooth and camera seem to work correctly though which, if I recall, is a plus over CM9.