Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,742,143 Members 52,214 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Cannot Update My S3

Tip us?

FreaKeyy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Cannot Update My S3

Hello fellas! It's my first post here, but I've been a member for quite a while now. Anyway my question is how do I update my Samsung galaxy s3. It's an At&t s3 but I use T-Mobile on it. I'm stuck with the 4.1.1 because I can't update it. Whenever I try it says software update interrupted check again in 48 hours. I did search through the forums about this and someone fixed this by using another sim, I tried that but it didn't work.

A couple things to note, I did root my S3 with the cyanogenmod but I went back to stock rom and did the triangle away. I also unlocked my phone using that dial method. Please help me guys. Thanks!
Oh and here's a picture, the continue update is grayed out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-14-18-57-01.png
Views:	39
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	2686980  

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreaKeyy View Post
Hello fellas! It's my first post here, but I've been a member for quite a while now. Anyway my question is how do I update my Samsung galaxy s3. It's an At&t s3 but I use T-Mobile on it. I'm stuck with the 4.1.1 because I can't update it. Whenever I try it says software update interrupted check again in 48 hours. I did search through the forums about this and someone fixed this by using another sim, I tried that but it didn't work.

A couple things to note, I did root my S3 with the cyanogenmod but I went back to stock rom and did the triangle away. I also unlocked my phone using that dial method. Please help me guys. Thanks!
Oh and here's a picture, the continue update is grayed out.
You have 2 options ...

1) Find a valid AT&T SIM and temporarily place that in your phone to get an OTA update via Wi-Fi
2) Install custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) and manually update to 4.3 using the stock restore image posted in the thread below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658486

This will unroot your phone (if currently rooted), update your system to full stock 4.3, reinstate stock recovery and reset your flash counter.

FreaKeyy
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999 View Post
You have 2 options ...

1) Find a valid AT&T SIM and temporarily place that in your phone to get an OTA update via Wi-Fi
2) Install custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) and manually update to 4.3 using the stock restore image posted in the thread below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658486

This will unroot your phone (if currently rooted), update your system to full stock 4.3, reinstate stock recovery and reset your flash counter.
Thanks Larry. I tried using another sim before and it didn't work. But then again that sim wasn't At&t. Hopefully the first option works. Now I'll have to look for an At&t sim card.

codemonkey98
Old
Thanks Meter 56
Quote:
Thanks Larry. I tried using another sim before and it didn't work. But then again that sim wasn't At&t. Hopefully the first option works. Now I'll have to look for an At&t sim card.
Using an AT&T SIM should be fail proof to receive the OTA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
Devices:
~~~~

Find my post helpful? Remember to click that button!

Larry2999
Old
Thanks Meter 74
Quote:
Just to add that OTA update could take anything from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the speed of your Wi-Fi connection so if you are 'borrowing' someone's SIM, to have an idea of how long you'll be needing it.