No registration required

[Q] Cannot Update My S3

OP FreaKeyy

15th April 2014, 04:02 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Hello fellas! It's my first post here, but I've been a member for quite a while now. Anyway my question is how do I update my Samsung galaxy s3. It's an At&t s3 but I use T-Mobile on it. I'm stuck with the 4.1.1 because I can't update it. Whenever I try it says software update interrupted check again in 48 hours. I did search through the forums about this and someone fixed this by using another sim, I tried that but it didn't work.

A couple things to note, I did root my S3 with the cyanogenmod but I went back to stock rom and did the triangle away. I also unlocked my phone using that dial method. Please help me guys. Thanks!
Oh and here's a picture, the continue update is grayed out.
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot_2014-04-14-18-57-01.png
Views:	42
Size:	41.1 KB
ID:	2686980  
15th April 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #2  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 75

363 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by FreaKeyy

Hello fellas! It's my first post here, but I've been a member for quite a while now. Anyway my question is how do I update my Samsung galaxy s3. It's an At&t s3 but I use T-Mobile on it. I'm stuck with the 4.1.1 because I can't update it. Whenever I try it says software update interrupted check again in 48 hours. I did search through the forums about this and someone fixed this by using another sim, I tried that but it didn't work.

A couple things to note, I did root my S3 with the cyanogenmod but I went back to stock rom and did the triangle away. I also unlocked my phone using that dial method. Please help me guys. Thanks!
Oh and here's a picture, the continue update is grayed out.

You have 2 options ...

1) Find a valid AT&T SIM and temporarily place that in your phone to get an OTA update via Wi-Fi
2) Install custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) and manually update to 4.3 using the stock restore image posted in the thread below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658486

This will unroot your phone (if currently rooted), update your system to full stock 4.3, reinstate stock recovery and reset your flash counter.
15th April 2014, 04:56 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

2 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Larry2999

You have 2 options ...

1) Find a valid AT&T SIM and temporarily place that in your phone to get an OTA update via Wi-Fi
2) Install custom recovery (TWRP or CWM) and manually update to 4.3 using the stock restore image posted in the thread below

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2658486

This will unroot your phone (if currently rooted), update your system to full stock 4.3, reinstate stock recovery and reset your flash counter.

Thanks Larry. I tried using another sim before and it didn't work. But then again that sim wasn't At&t. Hopefully the first option works. Now I'll have to look for an At&t sim card.
15th April 2014, 05:06 AM   |  #4  
Flag Pensacola, FL
Thanks Meter: 60

316 posts
More
Quote:

Thanks Larry. I tried using another sim before and it didn't work. But then again that sim wasn't At&t. Hopefully the first option works. Now I'll have to look for an At&t sim card.

Using an AT&T SIM should be fail proof to receive the OTA.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I747 using Tapatalk
15th April 2014, 02:48 PM   |  #5  
Atlanta, GA
Thanks Meter: 75

363 posts
More
Quote:

Just to add that OTA update could take anything from 30 minutes to 2 hours depending on the speed of your Wi-Fi connection so if you are 'borrowing' someone's SIM, to have an idea of how long you'll be needing it.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread