5,596,066 Members 33,450 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][SaberMod][AOSPA-4.1] AOSPAL - Paranoid SaberDroid - kitkat-remix & vanilla [Apr-10]

Tip us?

zarac
Old
(Last edited by zarac; 14th April 2014 at 12:29 PM.)
Thanks Meter 38
I am using the latest SaberDroid with ALL-f2fs M-kernel (test4) and I am delighted - everything works great so far.

There is only one little thing that's bugging me, and I couldn't find information about it in this thread or in the original PA thread.
Is it possible to move the navigation bar to the side in landscape mode? The 16:9 aspect is not that great for landscape use (apart from videos), and the navbar on the bottom makes the usable screen even wider.

Is this behaviour from AOSP or is it coded by PA team? I ask this because my other kitkat devices have navbar on the side in landscape - Moto G (stock) and HTC Desire (evervolv kitkat).

To be fair, it is just a minor annoyance as I don't use landscape mode that much.
Great job on the ROM! Keep up the good work.
Moto G (falcon), XT1032 - Global GSM
rom and kernel: stock 4.4.2 (176.44.9.falcon_umts.Retail.en.GB) - rooted

HTC Desire (bravo), SLCD, PVT4, MTD erasesize 20000
rom and kernel: Evervolv Kitkat alpha (Android 4.4.2) built by LaidbackNikez

Asus Nexus 7 (grouper), 32GB
rom: Paranoid SaberDroid AOSPAL (Android 4.4.2) built by TheDarkDefender
kernel: M-Kernel ALL-f2fs test4 built by Metallice

-Jesco-
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2482
thats because N7 runs in "phablet" mode , and those runs as "phone" mode in terms of dpi , phablet mode = nav bar always bottom

My Devices

ΩLG G2Ω

LG G2 D802
Recovery:
TWRP 2.6.3.3 D802
ROM: Stock Rooted // With MultiWindow
Kernel: Stock

║Flo║

// #TeamPAC // #TeamAOSPAL
I do NOT answer technical questions via PM. Post your question in the correct thread if you want a response.
"Thanks button is just to avoid "THANKS" posts in threads. Nothing more than that. Don't ask in signature or post for it and defeat the purpose why it was introduced"

TheMrcool212
Old
Thanks Meter 1566
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarac View Post
I am using the latest SaberDroid with ALL-f2fs M-kernel (test4) and I am delighted - everything works great so far.

There is only one little thing that's bugging me, and I couldn't find information about it in this thread or in the original PA thread.
Is it possible to move the navigation bar to the side in landscape mode? The 16:9 aspect is not that great for landscape use (apart from videos), and the navbar on the bottom makes the usable screen even wider.

Is this behaviour from AOSP or is it coded by PA team? I ask this because my other kitkat devices have navbar on the side in landscape - Moto G (stock) and HTC Desire (evervolv kitkat).

To be fair, it is just a minor annoyance as I don't use landscape mode that much.
Great job on the ROM! Keep up the good work.
AOSP behaviour.

Navbar will only show on the sides during landscape mode on phones, while on tablets it will show at the bottom.

Sent from my Nexus 7 2013

LLy_BosHi
Old
Thanks Meter 63
Thank you @CptKlink I followed your instruction and working for me
now I can enjoy All F2FS AOSPAL with my favorite kernel (M-Kernel)
and I'm very happy with the results! it's like that I have a brand new tablet

Thank you @TheDarkDefender for build this amazing rom too
My Devices:
SONY XPERIA SL - Pure AOSP 4.4.2 - DualRecovery TWRP-CWM
Nexus 7 2012 32GB (grouper) - All-F2FS AOSPAL 4.2 with M-Kernel
Hisense HS-EG909 / AD683G - Modified Stock ICS

Sound Mod: