LG G Pro 2 FM Radio

Search This thread

gws89

Jul 6, 2013
Will it have FM Radio on international version of LG G Pro 2? I'm worried that it might not have it since international version of LG Optimus G Pro doesn't have FM Radio as well.

phillio

Dec 6, 2010
Will it have FM Radio on international version of LG G Pro 2? I'm worried that it might not have it since international version of LG Optimus G Pro doesn't have FM Radio as well.

I emailed LG customer support in the UK about this and got a reply saying he could confirm that the international version will have FM radio, try asking through the website in your region. I hope it does because I would have got a Note 3 apart from the omission of an FM radio.

gws89

Jul 6, 2013
I emailed LG customer support in the UK about this and got a reply saying he could confirm that the international version will have FM radio, try asking through the website in your region. I hope it does because I would have got a Note 3 apart from the omission of an FM radio.

Looks like my country (Singapore) will not have FM Radio. LG-D838 (Asia) doesn't have FM Radio. Hope LG-D837 (Europe) will have FM Radio.

mcteague

Dec 22, 2008
Stevenage
I have a D838 in the UK and its definately not a deal breaker, the £100 i saved on overall price by not buying through a local company was a deal breaker.

mcteague

Dec 22, 2008
Stevenage
No radio, sorry it might be included on the D837 but im not sure why though

Sent from my LG-D838 using Tapatalk

jscsltd

Aug 1, 2005
melton mowbray
Hi,
On a different note, I'm interested in getting this phone but not sure if the D838 will be ok in the UK, as from what I can see, it's for the Asian market.
How have you found it in the UK?

Thanks in anticipation of your reply.

John

Sent from my GT-N7105 using xda app-developers app

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

I have a D838 in the UK and its definately not a deal breaker, the £100 i saved on overall price by not buying through a local company was a deal breaker.

How did you get on with this model the uk? What network are you on?

Thanks in anticipation.

buenarc

Mar 24, 2014
Hi,
On a different note, I'm interested in getting this phone but not sure if the D838 will be ok in the UK, as from what I can see, it's for the Asian market.
How have you found it in the UK?

Thanks in anticipation of your reply.

John

---------- Post added at 12:42 PM ---------- Previous post was at 12:08 PM ----------

How did you get on with this model the uk? What network are you on?

Thanks in anticipation.

Got radio working on my LG G2 Pro smartphone. Great feature :)

edsol

Mar 14, 2006
Radio or no radio?

I'm still confused, is the radio feature only in some regions for lg g pro 2? I have the D838 from hong kong and it definitely has no radio

jscsltd

Aug 1, 2005
melton mowbray
Same question as another guy on here.
Do you have the D837 internet model?
If so, where did you buy it?

Thanks in anticipation.

Galaxy Note 2 (GT-N7105)
Samsung Tab Pro 8.4

menegator

Sep 26, 2012
On gsm arena someone said that though there is no built-in app for radio, you can use an external app named Spirit1: Real FM Radio 4 AOSP

Hi,what i knew of,this radio app also named as Spirit FM Unlimited,but it seems that the older version doesn't support G2.

Now is common named as Spirit1: Real FM Radio 4 AOSP,actually they are the same except that the latest version does support G2.

If i not wrong, they do have the sipirit2 as well,but cater to more on the rooted sets.

Yes,it confirmed works on G2(D802) perfectly,and best NO internet connection needed to any stations.You can say it's offline radio,and not those you need internet connection to get your radio work.

No doubt G2 does have the stock radio app,but i DO NOT use them anymore,as i personally feel that the sipirit radio reception is far stronger and the sound quality is much crystal clear than the stock one.The Ui interface is also easy to manoeuvre.

Besides that, one plus point for sipirit radio,it can be function/operated on airplane mode,whereas the stock radio app can't work on airplane mode,this is what i like most about sipirit radio.

Hope it helps,i still wish that any G PRO 2 users here could try out the sipirit radio app and let's know whether it works.Thanks for all.

Can someone confirm it?

jittusm

Nov 28, 2010
Bangalore
Can anyone who has the fm radio in their device upload the fm radio apk as well as the necessary files?

Thanks in advance

lord1389

Feb 5, 2012
spirit1 and sprit2 wont work on lg g pro 2, apps want root permision, and it just start some noice on spirit2, and spirit1 muted my phone, so i needed to reboot

i just delete both apps..