Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
I have this guide over in Q&A section for you to do some more reading
http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2618447
Thanks I'll check it out.

aki234
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default downgrade my note 2

Hey guys i want to downgrade my note 2 from 4.3 to 4.1.2.

Please send me the link to download firmware 4.1.2

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 821
I don't think anyone has tried that. Could be wrong. The process that works is this guide and the guide in the post above yours.

If you want to try sammobile.com has our firmware. And I think @Bajanman has it in his rom/kernel/modem thread in dev

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
Crazy? Some people think walking down the street muttering to yourself is crazy. I'll tell you what crazy is: Crazy is walking down the street with half a cantaloupe on your head, saying: "I'm a hamster. I'm a hamster." That's crazy.

Zen Arcade
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2925

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by dicksteele View Post
I don't think anyone has tried that. Could be wrong. The process that works is this guide and the guide in the post above yours.

If you want to try sammobile.com has our firmware. And I think @Bajanman has it in his rom/kernel/modem thread in dev

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using xda app-developers app
The official 4.1.2 MA4 package contains a bootloader file. Odin flashing it on top of the official 4.3 MK6 bootloader will cause Odin to barf, and send your phone into "use KIES to recover" status. You can get out of this by successfully flashing anything else in Odin, but that's a hassle...

So ... I took a look at my uploads and realized I had created the package you seek a few weeks back for someone else.. here it is, the UCAMA4 4.1.2 Odin package minus the sboot and tz files... use this instead of the 4.1.1 package, flash and enjoy:

http://d-h.st/t1k

For those who have a Rogers i317m, here's the same thing for VLBMA3:

http://d-h.st/KDX

Queue the Back to the Future theme and....<click>
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to Zen Arcade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dicksteele
Old
Thanks Meter 821
Quote:
Originally Posted by Zen Arcade View Post
The official 4.1.2 MA4 package contains a bootloader file. Odin flashing it on top of the official 4.3 MK6 bootloader will cause Odin to barf, and send your phone into "use KIES to recover" status. You can get out of this by successfully flashing anything else in Odin, but that's a hassle...

So ... I took a look at my uploads and realized I had created the package you seek a few weeks back for someone else.. here it is, the UCAMA4 4.1.2 Odin package minus the sboot and tz files... use this instead of the 4.1.1 package, flash and enjoy:

http://d-h.st/t1k

For those who have a Rogers i317m, here's the same thing for VLBMA3:

http://d-h.st/KDX

Queue the Back to the Future theme and....<click>

Sweet. I forgot about that.... I think I have that in my software vault

Downloading again in case I don't
Crazy? Some people think walking down the street muttering to yourself is crazy. I'll tell you what crazy is: Crazy is walking down the street with half a cantaloupe on your head, saying: "I'm a hamster. I'm a hamster." That's crazy.

PassingThruLife
Old
Thanks Meter 7
has anyone actually had 100% success in reverting back to 4.1.2 and not having the 4.3 bootloader remain?

i dont care about the knox counter,worst comes to worst i run the phone over with the lawnmower and use the insurance(can they still tell LOL).
Droid Dna * Droid 3 (flashed with xt883 radio for use on GSM networks) * Atrix 2 (piece of trash) *
Nexus 7(1st gen.)

Zen Arcade
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 2925

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by PassingThruLife View Post
has anyone actually had 100% success in reverting back to 4.1.2 and not having the 4.3 bootloader remain?
Once you are on the official 4.3 bootloader there is no revert possible of the bootloader. All other aspects of the firmware can be reverted if desired. There are several threads in general and Q&A that detail how to do this.
The Following User Says Thank You to Zen Arcade For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

equlizer
Old
Thanks Meter 50
I'm still wondering how this blows a fuse when there was none in this phone to begin with. It has to be software written to some chip we cannot access or something. There is a repair center at my local mall and they have removed knox warranty voided on note 3's. I've seen it! but they wont tell me how. They must have a nand write or something?
Bell SGS3 rooted

sdomfe
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Bricked

Quote:
Originally Posted by Milkman00 View Post
I followed this exact procedure and it unbricked my phone, and restored it to 4.1.1.
Well, Don't try. It seems like everybody bricked. Delete this outdated Post.

urself25
Old
Thanks Meter 22
Did everything yesterday. Back to 4.1.1. KNOX still active. Just have to find a way back to 4.3 with root now. OTA does not work but I assume it's because of CF-root.