Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,729,749 Members 50,263 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Moto g screen response issues

Tip us?

Arobynn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Exclamation [Q] Moto g screen response issues

Hey all. I've gotten good responses here before so I figured I'd come back.
Right, well, I've had a Moto G for not too long now, so I was surprised when I woke up this morning and there were huge latency issues on the screen. About a 3/4 of a second delay. It was working perfectly the other day, and I'm confused. My phone has never had root access and still doesn't. The strangest things I've noticed when using a screen tester app is that only when one finger is down is there latency. Two to five fingers is as fast as it should be.
And also, the soft buttons are working fine, the ones down the bottom.
So if anyone can tell me what's wrong, or perhaps what I should do to correct this phone killing problem, I would be thrilled.
(PS. I've noticed a dead pixel at the top right of my scree. Perhaps they are related issues?
Thanks again for any or all help! ^^
-Aro

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 718
Have you factory reset the phone yet?
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

Arobynn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by ATRIXXIRTA View Post
Have you factory reset the phone yet?
Mmm... Let me just backup my phone first, I have a lot of highly valued info on it.
I've don soft resets and such, but yeah, I'll factory reset it now.

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobynn View Post
Mmm... Let me just backup my phone first, I have a lot of highly valued info on it.
I've don soft resets and such, but yeah, I'll factory reset it now.
Its always a good place to start. Could just be some background app data causing havoc.
Phones: Motorola Atrix 4G ---> Samsung Galaxy Nexus (temporarily) ---> LG Optimus 3d ---> Samsung Galaxy SII LTE Skyrocket ---> LG Optimus G ---> Sony Xperia ZL ---> Motorola Moto G
My Roms/Ports: CarbonRom/CarbonClash (port): http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2181390
Thanks: XDA and all its members. Without you I'd still be an uneducated bumpkin complaining about my shi**y phone.

Arobynn
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default hmmm...

Mmkay, I reset the phone, and nothing changed. Still getting the latency, even just from moving around the home screen.
Any other suggestions?

ATRIXXIRTA
Old
Thanks Meter 718
Quote:
Originally Posted by Arobynn View Post
Mmkay, I reset the phone, and nothing changed. Still getting the latency, even just from moving around the home screen.
Any other suggestions?
That sounds like it could be a hardware issue then. There wont be any software changes you can make to fix it if a factory reset didn't help.

You may have to warranty the thing.

Is it through a carrier or did you just buy it outright?