Micromax Yureka: Indian Handset with CyanogenMod

Thesoap opera involving Cyanogen Inc., OnePlus, and Micromax is one of the most talked about … more

Chainfire Turns Your Bootanimation into a Logging Center

Having a nice boot animation certainly adds a little bit of aesthetic polish to your … more

Android TV Launcher Pushed to Google Play

Over the past decade, the tech universe has seen two drastic and widely contrasting changes with … more

Cyngn, OnePlus, Micromax – The Legal Battle

Recently, a battle has been waging in India over the rights to distribute the commercial … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] Rooting Note 3 from Telcel (Mexico)

OP hyogman

15th April 2014, 04:27 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

20 posts
Since I'm a new user, I can't post my question in the Universal Root de la Vega thread. I have the firmware shown on the images attached to this message... Can I root my note 3 without tripping knox using URDLV?
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	FlashAnnotate.jpg
Views:	29
Size:	41.6 KB
ID:	2687002   Click image for larger version

Name:	2014-04-14-21-09-16.jpg
Views:	28
Size:	98.7 KB
ID:	2687003  
15th April 2014, 07:38 AM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 367

1,163 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hyogman

Since I'm a new user, I can't post my question in the Universal Root de la Vega thread. I have the firmware shown on the images attached to this message... Can I root my note 3 without tripping knox using URDLV?

There is another solution than root de la vega. Follow this guide and you won't trip knox even if you root or install custom recovery/rom. You can also go back to 4.3 from 4.4.2 if kitkat is not your type.
15th April 2014, 08:45 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
rooting note 3 from telcel
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

There is another solution than root de la vega. Follow this guide and you won't trip knox even if you root or install custom recovery/rom. You can also go back to 4.3 from 4.4.2 if kitkat is not your type.

But that guide requires to install a custom rom/recovery, and I want to stay with my current firmware/recovery, I just want to gain root access without tripping knox
15th April 2014, 09:28 AM   |  #4  

1,163 posts
Quote:

But that guide requires to install a custom rom/recovery, and I want to stay with my current firmware/recovery, I just want to gain root access without tripping knox

According to the urdlv post, you can since MJ4 and up are the firmware that has been patched by samsung.
15th April 2014, 09:53 AM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by hey_joe

According to the urdlv post, you can since MJ4 and up are the firmware that has been patched by samsung.

Well... mi compilation number isN900W8UBUBMJ4 (as shown in the attached images a couple post ago). The firmware I used to patch with URDLV has the following details:

PDA: N900W8UBUBMJ4
CSC: N900W8TCEBMJ3
MODEM: N900W8UBUBMJ3

So, I asume that will trigger knox right? I ask a lot because here in Mexico, the note 3 has a price of $1,073 USD. As you can see, Telcel really overprice the phones, and I don't wanna lose warranty, but I wanna delete all the useless bloatware from Telcel.
15th April 2014, 10:16 AM   |  #6  

1,163 posts
Quote:

Well... mi compilation number isN900W8UBUBMJ4 (as shown in the attached images a couple post ago). The firmware I used to patch with URDLV has the following details:

PDA: N900W8UBUBMJ4
CSC: N900W8TCEBMJ3
MODEM: N900W8UBUBMJ3

So, I asume that will trigger knox right? I ask a lot because here in Mexico, the note 3 has a price of $1,073 USD. As you can see, Telcel really overprice the phones, and I don't wanna lose warranty, but I wanna delete all the useless bloatware from Telcel.

The attached images on the first post says MHG which is why I said you can safely use urdlv. If it's MJ4, then using urdlv will trip knox. There is an app called Kingo that can root it but based on what I've read so far, it's hit or miss. Some had success rooting MJ4 without tripping Knox and then again some actually softbricked their phones and trip Knox. The guide that I linked you to will not trip Knox even if you install custom recovery and root your phone. The only caveat is you will have to update to 4.4.2. But should you need the warranty, you can always flash back to 4.3. Having said that, it's all up to you.
The Following User Says Thank You to hey_joe For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 04:11 PM   |  #7  
OP Junior Member

20 posts
Well... I think then I will give it the big step... I considered the Klingo way, but as you said, is a coin toss, so I will take my chances and go with URDLV

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread