Android App Review: Google Inbox to Improve Your Life – XDA TV

Recently, Google+ exploded with the announcement of Google Inbox, as … more

Damp the LG G3 Thermal Throttling

As our mobile devices grow thinner and more powerfulwith each passing generation, it’s inevitable … more

Google Play Developer Distribution Agreement Due Tomorrow

Every once in a while, Google updates theGoogle PlayDeveloper Distribution … more

LG to Release Octa-Core “Nuclun” SoC in the LG G3 Screen

LG is set to follow the likes of Samsung and other manufacture its own … more
Post Reply

Usb Mass Storage with 4.4.2

OP vort

12th April 2014, 02:06 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Hello everyone.

With the 4.4.2 update my Galaxy S4, I lost the usb mass storage. We know this mode no longer existed for some time on Android, but it was still apps that could run this mode. But since the shift, at all. All the apps I've found does not work in this mode. When I activate the application, my card appears on the browser, but is unreachable. So I'm stuck for some devices. So question, how can I do to have this new mode? (I do not like the PTP and MTP mode, these modes do not work there and a lower rate too). Thank you in advance for your help.

And sorry for my bad english.
13th April 2014, 12:52 PM   |  #2  
RubbaBand's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Benghazi
Thanks Meter: 220
 
404 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
there is no USB MASS STORAGE for the GALAXY S4 !
there is only SDCARD0 (emulated) & SDCARD1 (sdcard)
try to wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache then flash the Stock rom VIA Odin
14th April 2014, 02:36 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by RubbaBand

there is no USB MASS STORAGE for the GALAXY S4 !
there is only SDCARD0 (emulated) & SDCARD1 (sdcard)
try to wipe data/factory reset & wipe cache then flash the Stock rom VIA Odin

Yes, I know that usb mass storage does not exist for the Galaxy S4, which is why an application was to solve this problem. But since the update to version 4.4.2, the card is mounted (it recorded in the commercial my windows explorer as well as other devices) but is however not accessible. Do you think that doing a wipe data / factory could possibly fix it? Because I have a lot of data (sms, memo, and application data) I do not want to lose.
14th April 2014, 03:02 PM   |  #4  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 37
 
363 posts
Join Date:Joined: Feb 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by vort

Yes, I know that usb mass storage does not exist for the Galaxy S4, which is why an application was to solve this problem. But since the update to version 4.4.2, the card is mounted (it recorded in the commercial my windows explorer as well as other devices) but is however not accessible. Do you think that doing a wipe data / factory could possibly fix it? Because I have a lot of data (sms, memo, and application data) I do not want to lose.

What do you mean that it's not accessible? That applications can't right data to it? If so try this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2436494&page=2
14th April 2014, 04:09 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by dratsablive

What do you mean that it's not accessible? That applications can't right data to it? If so try this thread:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show...2436494&page=2

When I am in windows explorer, I have a removable disk that appears, so far it's good. However, if I try to access the records, I have a message that the drive does not exist, the removable disk icon is transparant while with 4.3 it worked quietly. However, I will test the solution you say, it could possibly help in the process to follow.

EDIT: Apparently it works if the rom is a rom google, which is not my case. I was able to change the permission of the file, but it does nothing more.
Last edited by vort; 14th April 2014 at 04:23 PM. Reason: news
14th April 2014, 09:51 PM   |  #6  
RubbaBand's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Benghazi
Thanks Meter: 220
 
404 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
You can backup you SMS, CALL LOGS, CONTACTS, APPS, by app Called "Easy Backup"
And backup your photos & videos manually
Now You need to flash stock firmware again after wiping data &cache

---------- Post added at 11:51 PM ---------- Previous post was at 11:42 PM ----------

And I almost forgot about S memo
after you signin with Samsung account the S memo will be backedup automatically
14th April 2014, 10:05 PM   |  #7  
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 34
 
137 posts
Join Date:Joined: Jan 2014
Have u tried unlocking the Screen before trying to acces the Drives in Windows Explorer? xD
15th April 2014, 08:57 AM   |  #8  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0
 
18 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2011
Quote:
Originally Posted by Cozmos23

Have u tried unlocking the Screen before trying to acces the Drives in Windows Explorer? xD

Again and again

Thanks for your help. I go tried this method for my backup and try wipe data/factory with flash.
15th April 2014, 03:13 PM   |  #9  
RubbaBand's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag Benghazi
Thanks Meter: 220
 
404 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2014
Donate to Me
More
Any time bro

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Tags
mass storage mode
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes


Top Threads in Galaxy S 4 Q&A, Help & Troubleshooting by ThreadRank