Android 5.0.2 and New Factory Images For Nexus 7 (Wi-Fi) Available

Android 5.0 is has been publicly available since early November, and the … more

Github Tutorial App Shows You How to Use… Github

Github can get pretty complicated and using it can become quite daunting, especially … more

Google Glass-like Clip-On For Regular Glasses Developed by Sony

For the price of $2,000, a pair of glasses that can run apps, take pictures, … more

Micromax Takes OnePlus to Court! Android Wear Receives Lollipop – XDA TV

Android 5.0 Lollipop is available officially for the Moto 360! … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Use NextRadio Without Headphones?

OP jcoinster

14th April 2014, 05:42 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 24

93 posts
I know reception is bad enough as I is, but if I made a better antenna from a cut headphone wire, is there a way to force the output to the speakers? Ive seen it on other phones before.

Sent from my M8
14th April 2014, 05:50 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 7

51 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by jcoinster

I know reception is bad enough as I is, but if I made a better antenna from a cut headphone wire, is there a way to force the output to the speakers? Ive seen it on other phones before.

Sent from my M8

Click settings and check output to speaker
The Following User Says Thank You to daddydark For This Useful Post: [ View ]
14th April 2014, 05:56 PM   |  #3  
OP Member

93 posts
I just went back into the app and I see the popup. I missed it the first time because I had headphones in already. Thanks!

Sent from my M8
14th April 2014, 06:03 PM   |  #4  
Thanks Meter: 11

81 posts
I do wish they could also use the USB plug as an antenna. We have awesome speakers why put headphones in.

Heck I could do without a headphone jack at all and have a small headphone to micro usb adapter. This would allow better speaker docks like ipods/phones/pad/maxipad/iPod mini/iPod nano. Etc... I know MHL works great for video/audio but I think it is a combined all or none. Would be nice to just take the audio from there.

Sent from my 831C using xda app-developers app
14th April 2014, 06:58 PM   |  #5  
OP Member

93 posts
I was looking up some cheap 3.5 mm FM antennas that are out there. I mean. I'm sure they'll look dumb, but if they're retractable and I can play the radio at say, the beach, or something, seems worth it.

14th April 2014, 07:41 PM   |  #6  
Thanks Meter: 11

81 posts
Quote:

I was looking up some cheap 3.5 mm FM antennas that are out there. I mean. I'm sure they'll look dumb, but if they're retractable and I can play the radio at say, the beach, or something, seems worth it.

I do not see them being much better than a chopped off pair of headphones. I have headphones everywhere from flights old crappy broken ones etc...
15th April 2014, 04:28 AM   |  #7  
Thanks Meter: 47

297 posts
Quote:

Sent from my M8

You ever consider using Tune-In to pull in your locale channels via WIFI/cellular data connection? That is how I get my local channels, and others that are too far away. Search for Tune-In in the apps store, it is free.
15th April 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #8  
OP Member

93 posts
I'd have no problem with Tune in but my favorite station isn't on there because they have been having stream issues for the past few months...

Sent from my M8

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread