Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] App that adds prefix to dialed number? Calling card app maybe?

OP cadesdefy

15th April 2014, 04:04 PM   |  #1  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1

44 posts
So I have tried about 10 apps so far that none seem to do what I am looking to accomplish. I am hoping that someone may have a suggestion.

I have a dial in phone system that allows me access to a dial tone. So if want to be able to select a number from my history, contacts or a clickable link and have it prompt which dialer I want to use. If I choose this app it should dial MY number and enter my access code THEN dial the number I was trying to call.

So for example I am trying to call 212-555-1212 and my number is 212-666-1212 it should dial:

212-666-1212[mynumber],,[pause]1234[accesscode],,[pause] 212-555-1212

I have found a few apps that seem to do this, however they have integrated them in such a way where it will only automatically enter into the "Calling card mode" based on dialing rules (Such as area code and country code) there is no way to manually select when to utilize the "calling card mode" and when not to,

I was thinking if there is a Alternative Dialer that supports calling cards, it will add the necessary hooks into the OS and then I can just manually select which app to use to make calls (Either the stock dialer or this new dialer)
Last edited by cadesdefy; 15th April 2014 at 04:07 PM.
15th April 2014, 04:15 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 590

3,105 posts
Donate to Me
More
Have never looked into this kind of issue, but this seems like it might have the options you are looking for...?

https://play.google.com/store/apps/d....geodialerplus

If not, sorry.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread