[Q] Ebay phone won't connect to 4g

32 posts
Thanks Meter: 1
By pimpmasters, Member on 15th April 2014, 03:44 PM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
I'm trying to figure out why this phone won't connect to 4g and if I need to send it back. According to the ebay advert it showed the following:

2G Network GSM 850 / 900 / 1800 / 1900
3G Network HSDPA 1900 / 2100 / 1700

Speed HSDPA, 21 Mbps; HSUPA, 5.76 Mbps

It also said 4g numerous places on the posting. I have been trying to determine if there is setup that I can do to ensure it will work with 4g before I contact the user and try and go through the hassle of sending it back. I would much prefer the phone work. It should at least be able to connect via 3g but it's stuck on 2g.

The screen that flashes on boot shows t-mobile so it doesn't appear to be an at&t phone as I tried to make sure I didn't get that issue. It was my understanding that with 1700/1900/2100 frequencies 4g should be no problem. Does the APN just need to be setup right for this? Other than the APN possibility I haven't been able to find what else might be causing this in my searching so far.

Thanks for any help.
Last edited by pimpmasters; 15th April 2014 at 03:50 PM.
15th April 2014, 04:15 PM |#2  
OP Member
Thanks Meter: 1
Finally stumbled upon what I needed with a different search.

I found this thread from a google search for t-mobile apn settings and it was 5 links down.

by changing to in the apn field 4g came up immediately. I'm running a speedtest now and results are adequate. Maybe this will help someone in the future. It's hard to find the right search terms especially when what you are looking for is a small 3-letter acronym and you don't know that is the issue.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread

Guest Quick Reply (no urls or BBcode)
Previous Thread Next Thread