Rooting Galaxy s5 . TWRP .

15th April 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Hi , ive recently switched from my galaxy s3 running cyanogenmod 11 nightlies that had TWRP to a stock Galaxy s5 . Now im not completely a noob when it comes to rooting , it has been a while since ive had to root , but it would be nice to have a refresher over the subject . Really , ijust want to root my Tmobile Galaxy s5 , but if ido the auto - root from chainfire will istill be able to install TWRP ? On my galaxy s3 i installed TWRP from goo manager after ihad rooted it . Ijust want to be sure iwill be able to use TWRP for my Gs5 so that ican flash custom roms in the future .

Sent from my SM-G900T using xda app-developers app
15th April 2014, 02:26 AM   |  #2  
NYC
Thanks Meter: 45

84 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by JustAnOddFuture

Hi , ive recently switched from my galaxy s3 running cyanogenmod 11 nightlies that had TWRP to a stock Galaxy s5 . Now im not completely a noob when it comes to rooting , it has been a while since ive had to root , but it would be nice to have a refresher over the subject . Really , ijust want to root my Tmobile Galaxy s5 , but if ido the auto - root from chainfire will istill be able to install TWRP ? On my galaxy s3 i installed TWRP from goo manager after ihad rooted it . Ijust want to be sure iwill be able to use TWRP for my Gs5 so that ican flash custom roms in the future .

Yes, you will be able to flash TWRP with Odin after getting root. Exactly the same procedure as rooting (read Chainfire's instructions), only instead of CF-Auto-Root-kltetmo-kltetmo-smg900t.tar.md5 file used for rooting, you will need to grab recovery.tar.md5 from the TWRP's thread.
The Following 2 Users Say Thank You to ecksor For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 03:47 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

5 posts
Thanks !

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread