Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,770,247 Members 51,478 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] flashed epic 4G touch to kitkat now freedompop not working...

Tip us?

cheesyburgercheese
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Default [Q] flashed epic 4G touch to kitkat now freedompop not working...

What I've done to this point:
-got a clean Epic 4G touch off swappa
-activated it on freedompop BYOD after upgrading it per freedompop's instructions
-verified it was working, made a few test calls successfully. Can't remember if I checked messaging or not. At this point I had a working freedompop phone.
-followed the instructions in the stock unrooted to 4.4.2 thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2637510
-PROFIT!! It works beautifully and Kitkat is sooooo smooth on this phone. (for reference my previous phone was a rooted and hacked together Optimus V on a grandfathered Virgin Mobile unlimited 300 plan. It was showing it's age.)
-but wait.... now freedompop isn't working. It's working fine on 3G and I'm getting data ok (and the data seems to be getting deducted from my freedompop account) but messaging won't work and phone calls won't work.

Anybody got any ideas for solutions? I'd love to remain on 4.4.2 , but am I flying too close to the sun to try keeping freedompop working too? If I must I'll downgrade to an earlier rom but figured I might ask first. My goal is to have kitkat running with freedompop and google voice integration too, but I know that is a lofty goal.

Thanks a bunch in advance, the wealth of information around here is overwhelming and I have so much respect for the dev community.
The Following User Says Thank You to cheesyburgercheese For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

the13thstraycat
Old
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Originally Posted by cheesyburgercheese View Post
What I've done to this point:
-followed the instructions in the stock unrooted to 4.4.2 thread here: http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2637510
-PROFIT!! It works beautifully and Kitkat is sooooo smooth on this phone. (for reference my previous phone was a rooted and hacked together Optimus V on a grandfathered Virgin Mobile unlimited 300 plan. It was showing it's age.)
-but wait.... now freedompop isn't working. It's working fine on 3G and I'm getting data ok (and the data seems to be getting deducted from my freedompop account) but messaging won't work and phone calls won't work.

Anybody got any ideas for solutions? I'd love to remain on 4.4.2 , but am I flying too close to the sun to try keeping freedompop working too? If I
I always thought that anytime you make changes to the radio part of the rom you had to redo your apns or prls or something like that. Also remember reading that with cyanogenmod (which this new rom is based on) one has to go through extra steps to even get dialer codes to work on the (e4gt) phone. Hope someone that knows off the top of their head what those steps are can chime in.
The Following User Says Thank You to the13thstraycat For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

cheesyburgercheese
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 1
Quote:
Originally Posted by the13thstraycat View Post
I always thought that anytime you make changes to the radio part of the rom you had to redo your apns or prls or something like that. Also remember reading that with cyanogenmod (which this new rom is based on) one has to go through extra steps to even get dialer codes to work on the (e4gt) phone. Hope someone that knows off the top of their head what those steps are can chime in.
Well thanks for a little guidance, I'll continue trying to read up on it and hopefully someone else will come along with a little more info for me.

vicmarkus
Old
Thanks Meter 1
here is what your looking for, just ignore the google voice instructions if you don't want that. There is two ways of making your phone to work, csipsimple or the aosp dialer.

Here's the link:

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2595081
The Following User Says Thank You to vicmarkus For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]