5,593,248 Members 32,381 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

New 98.72.165.en.US update!! What's included!

Tip us?

Gillroyale
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Help

I did a factory data reset via settings/privacy and it didn't unroot my device, which is both upsetting and immensely satisfying lol. I love being rooted but I need this update. So I tried voodoos ota rootkeeper to temp unroot and install the update and it still didn't work. I love being rooted but I need this update and I don't have a computer anymore. How can I unroot without a computer? And I need a FULL factory data reset back to stock out of box state because I don't understand what's not letting the update install. Need a clean slate. I saw some apps on play store that offer 1 click unroot. Do they work? Could I just temp unroot with voodoos ota rootkeeper and factory reset via settings/privacy? Please help me I'm lost now.

soundgirl101
Old
Thanks Meter 111
Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper will work perfectly!! Install app, verify it likes your "root"!! It will offer a Google Play Store option when you check apps status, it is not needed, if everything is checked, temp unroot, root, repeat so that a "protected" root copy is saved!! Then temp unroot, take OTA update, reboot, got to Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper and restore root!! PROFIT!!

Razr Maxx xt912
CM11
JBX
SS 3.72 Slot 1
Razr M xt907 (Unlocked BL)
LS 3.0
Razr M xt907 (Locked BL)
Rage M
Bionic xt875
CM11
JBX
SS 3.65 Slot 1
ZeniThink zt280-z102
Rooted ICS

Trailblazer4
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Unhappy Unable to root after latest update

Quote:
Originally Posted by willflint View Post
Just installed the latest update on my Motorola DROID RAZR MAXX! And I thought VzW & Moto forgot about us! It's still rockin Android 4.1.2 but maybe something else got improved! Off I go to factory reset to improve speed & stability! Anyone know what this update includes!?

Sent from my DROID RAZR using XDA Premium HD app
I just bought this phone and just received the 11.21.13 OTA Update on my Razr MAXX. I tried to root using Saferoot, and no go. Any ideas?!? Very frustrating..

soundgirl101
Old
(Last edited by soundgirl101; 16th February 2014 at 05:47 PM.) Reason: Add link
Thanks Meter 111
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trailblazer4 View Post
I just bought this phone and just received the 11.21.13 OTA Update on my Razr MAXX. I tried to root using Saferoot, and no go. Any ideas?!? Very frustrating..
Use Matt's utility to root device, will root latest update with no issues!! Having issues taking update?? Option 2 in Matt's utility will reflash stock 4.1.2, and KEEP existing data!! Now you can take update, root or reroot phone as needed!! Either way Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper should be installed to keep "protected" root ("su binary") copy on device!! Have posted link to Matt's utility!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192467

Razr Maxx xt912
CM11
JBX
SS 3.72 Slot 1
Razr M xt907 (Unlocked BL)
LS 3.0
Razr M xt907 (Locked BL)
Rage M
Bionic xt875
CM11
JBX
SS 3.65 Slot 1
ZeniThink zt280-z102
Rooted ICS

mepaulk
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by soundgirl101 View Post
Use Matt's utility to root device, will root latest update with no issues!! Having issues taking update?? Option 2 in Matt's utility will reflash stock 4.1.2, and KEEP existing data!! Now you can take update, root or reroot phone as needed!! Either way Voodoo OTA Rootkeeper should be installed to keep "protected" root ("su binary") copy on device!! Have posted link to Matt's utility!!

http://forum.xda-developers.com/show....php?t=2192467
Does this mean a Droid Razr Maxx, that has never been rooted, and has just gotten the OTA 98.72.165.en.US, be rooted using Matt's utility? I have been holding off on installing the update, as I want to root my phone. I had the impression the existing root methods would not work after the latest update, unless the phone was already rooted, root saved with Voodoo, then take the PTA update, and finally reroot.
I have not had an opportunity to perform a root, as I keep reading various forms about rooting, and have not been able to decide which is the latest, and simplest method. I have become confused about the differences between Matt's utility, drbliss's, and Razorblade, etc, etc.and which to use.
Any comments about the above will be greatly appreciated.
Thanks,
mepaulk

tygib
Old
Thanks Meter 3
How do we stop the notifications on this? TiBu won't freeze without the pro paid version.

jlewis74
Old
Thanks Meter 0
This update made my device very slow and the google search function does not work anymore. Going to try factory reset, if that does not work will go back and reflash prior version and not take the update.

josuearisty
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by jlewis74 View Post
This update made my device very slow and the google search function does not work anymore. Going to try factory reset, if that does not work will go back and reflash prior version and not take the update.
The update made my device being more slow than it was before the update. Im thinking about flashing sbf again and start from the begining and not update to this version.

Enviado desde mi DROID RAZR mediante Tapatalk

If I helped you and you feel happy, make me feel useful by hitting Thanks!
Si te ayude y te sientes feliz, haz me sentir util dandole a Thanks!

Post problems with your Motorola BRAVO here!
Root and Bootmenu with one click (new method)
2.2.1 SBF for Motorola Bravo & RSD Lite

mishaphp
Old
Thanks Meter 0
And no 4.2 in sight for RAZR

josuearisty
Old
Thanks Meter 254
Quote:
Originally Posted by mishaphp View Post
And no 4.2 in sight for RAZR
4.2? Really? In case we get an update to a new version, it would be kitkat for sure, but I dont see it in our future!

Enviado desde mi MB520 usando Tapatalk 2

If I helped you and you feel happy, make me feel useful by hitting Thanks!
Si te ayude y te sientes feliz, haz me sentir util dandole a Thanks!

Post problems with your Motorola BRAVO here!
Root and Bootmenu with one click (new method)
2.2.1 SBF for Motorola Bravo & RSD Lite