Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,772,940 Members 46,054 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Tmobile Knox

Tip us?

MrPapito429
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Default Tmobile Knox

Does tmobile check the knox count, because I want to root but im not sure and if so can someone supply a link to root 4.4.2 please

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPapito429 View Post
Does tmobile check the knox count, because I want to root but im not sure and if so can someone supply a link to root 4.4.2 please

Do they check it for what? They won't just show up to your house to inspect it. But if you send it back with a warrent yclaim they could potentially deny it based on Knox. That hasn't been happening much so far, but they technically could.

Please use the search feature to find how to root. The information is readily accessible.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!

MrPapito429
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 39
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks View Post
Do they check it for what? They won't just show up to your house to inspect it. But if you send it back with a warrent yclaim they could potentially deny it based on Knox. That hasn't been happening much so far, but they technically could.

Please use the search feature to find how to root. The information is readily accessible.
I mean like if I turn it in for the jump to get the s5, I already have a warranty and insurance but if I root and then unroot, will tmobile check the knox count?

Skipjacks
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 3813
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPapito429 View Post
I mean like if I turn it in for the jump to get the s5, I already have a warranty and insurance but if I root and then unroot, will tmobile check the knox count?

Probably not.

The S4 you trade in will get factory refurbished anyway and (theoretically) have firmware completely reflashed, which will wipe KNOX out, letting them resell that phone as a refurb. (No, you can't do that by reflashing firmware. But Samsung can.)

So T Mobile is unlikely to care. And the guy working the T Mobile store is unlikely to even know to check about KNOX.
Do you want insanely better battery drain when your phone is idle? Check out this thread!
Have a question about the T Mobile Samsung Galaxy S4? Click here for the Help Thread!