Tmobile Knox

OP MrPapito429

15th April 2014, 05:14 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
New York
Thanks Meter: 39

478 posts
More
Does tmobile check the knox count, because I want to root but im not sure and if so can someone supply a link to root 4.4.2 please

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
15th April 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #2  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 4,033

5,086 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPapito429

Does tmobile check the knox count, because I want to root but im not sure and if so can someone supply a link to root 4.4.2 please

Do they check it for what? They won't just show up to your house to inspect it. But if you send it back with a warrent yclaim they could potentially deny it based on Knox. That hasn't been happening much so far, but they technically could.

Please use the search feature to find how to root. The information is readily accessible.
15th April 2014, 07:00 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
New York
Thanks Meter: 39

478 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by Skipjacks

Do they check it for what? They won't just show up to your house to inspect it. But if you send it back with a warrent yclaim they could potentially deny it based on Knox. That hasn't been happening much so far, but they technically could.

Please use the search feature to find how to root. The information is readily accessible.

I mean like if I turn it in for the jump to get the s5, I already have a warranty and insurance but if I root and then unroot, will tmobile check the knox count?

15th April 2014, 07:07 PM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Baltimore
Thanks Meter: 4,033

5,086 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrPapito429

I mean like if I turn it in for the jump to get the s5, I already have a warranty and insurance but if I root and then unroot, will tmobile check the knox count?

Probably not.

The S4 you trade in will get factory refurbished anyway and (theoretically) have firmware completely reflashed, which will wipe KNOX out, letting them resell that phone as a refurb. (No, you can't do that by reflashing firmware. But Samsung can.)

So T Mobile is unlikely to care. And the guy working the T Mobile store is unlikely to even know to check about KNOX.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread