Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required
Post Reply

[Q] How to find what version of phone

OP kevp75

15th April 2014, 12:32 AM   |  #1  
kevp75's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,082
 
2,365 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
I have a VZ S3 i535. For some reason or another the settings app does not work anymore.

Is ther any way thru adb or fastbboot or someother method that I can find out what my firmware vesion is?

It is rooted and if I remember correctly its running an older version of BoneStock Rom. (been a long time since i flashed it...)

Sent from my Venomous Droid Blue Chrome Edition S4 (team: @Venom0642 @ted77usa @rebel1699) ~ 20GB free cloud https://copy.com?r=vtiraF
15th April 2014, 12:46 AM   |  #2  
twistedillutions's Avatar
Senior Member
Flag 209
Thanks Meter: 269
 
2,258 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevp75

I have a VZ S3 i535. For some reason or another the settings app does not work anymore.

Is ther any way thru adb or fastbboot or someother method that I can find out what my firmware vesion is?

It is rooted and if I remember correctly its running an older version of BoneStock Rom. (been a long time since i flashed it...)

Sent from my Venomous Droid Blue Chrome Edition S4 (team: @Venom0642 @ted77usa @rebel1699) ~ 20GB free cloud https://copy.com?r=vtiraF

Settings / About Phone.. Scroll down


Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk
15th April 2014, 01:02 AM   |  #3  
kevp75's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,082
 
2,365 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by twistedillutions

Settings / About Phone.. Scroll down


Sent from my SCH-I535 using Tapatalk

please re-read the question... I clearly state I have no access to the settings.

Sent from my Venomous Droid Blue Chrome Edition S4 (team: @Venom0642 @ted77usa @rebel1699) ~ 20GB free cloud https://copy.com?r=vtiraF
15th April 2014, 05:52 PM   |  #4  
BadUsername's Avatar
Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 785
 
1,560 posts
Join Date:Joined: Mar 2013
Quote:
Originally Posted by kevp75

please re-read the question... I clearly state I have no access to the settings.

Sent from my Venomous Droid Blue Chrome Edition S4 (team: @Venom0642 @ted77usa @rebel1699) ~ 20GB free cloud https://copy.com?r=vtiraF

Boot into download mode, and look at information displayed. You'll be able to tell if you're on 4.3 or not by reading the information that's displayed.

Post that information here if you want clarification.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to BadUsername For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 07:24 PM   |  #5  
kevp75's Avatar
OP Senior Member
Thanks Meter: 1,082
 
2,365 posts
Join Date:Joined: Aug 2012
Donate to Me
More
Thumbs up
Quote:
Originally Posted by BadUsername

Boot into download mode, and look at information displayed. You'll be able to tell if you're on 4.3 or not by reading the information that's displayed.

Post that information here if you want clarification.

Sent from my HTC6525LVW using Tapatalk

Cool. Thanks for this. Yeah, I just needed to see if it was still on MF1, which it is.

Thanks!
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes