Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,733,198 Members 40,020 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Fingerprint sensor issues with a case

Tip us?

diehardbattery
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Default Fingerprint sensor issues with a case

So if I run the phone naked, I have no issue with the fingerprint sensor. With an otterbox commuter it works maybe 10% of the time. I have it setup with my left thumb to an angle for one handed operation. Anyone else having issues with using a case and this? I realize the commuter is probably not the best to try this on.. I have a spigen tough armor coming on Thursday.

michintom
Old
Thanks Meter 12

DONATE TO ME
I'm using a spigen tpu case and the bottom portion of the case kept getting in the way as well. I just turned off the fingerprint unlock.

diehardbattery
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
I'm glad that worked out for you. To me, however, just turning it off is not acceptable.

Jonny Steele
Old
Thanks Meter 8
I'm using Otterbox defender, it works most times for me, it does get a little difficult at times.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SM-G900A using xda app-developers app

diehardbattery
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
might just need more time with it then...

Dark_Vortex
Old
Thanks Meter 4
No fingerprint issues with my Tough Armor case. If nothing else, you'll have a solution soon!
The Following User Says Thank You to Dark_Vortex For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

diehardbattery
Old
Senior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 24
Quote:
Originally Posted by Dark_Vortex View Post
No fingerprint issues with my Tough Armor case. If nothing else, you'll have a solution soon!
How are you using the fingerprint sensor? If I follow how it does on the screen where you are registering it, it works better. But I would like to swipe it with my thumb one handed if possible.

Dark_Vortex
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
Originally Posted by diehardbattery View Post
How are you using the fingerprint sensor? If I follow how it does on the screen where you are registering it, it works better. But I would like to swipe it with my thumb one handed if possible.
I'm using it how it shows on the screen because I've always held my phone with my left hand and use it with my right...so my right index finger is registered.