Wearable Apps w/ Andreas Göransson – XDA:DevCon 2014

XDA:DevCon 2014 in Manchester, UK featured quite a few interesting topics as … more

Browse Your Files with Ease using MK Explorer

Google has made quite an effort in perfecting the powerful and multi-faceted OS that we know as … more

How to Fix the Nexus Available Storage Bug – XDA TV

Is your Nexus device only showing half of the available storage as it should? Many … more

Don’t Forget About Birthdays with Birthday Reminder

A person’s birthday is, without a doubt,one of the most important days in his … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

(Q)Installing S3Rx (From the start)

OP Loo2495

14th April 2014, 11:13 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 1

7 posts
Well, first let me say this, I am a complete Noob flashing Roms and that stuff

I would like to install S3Rx (Dont want Cyanogenmod or any other roms, I just want a modified stock rom) as I am running UVUENC2 unrooted and that is the only rom with support for it. Could you please answer me this questions?

a) I have downloaded the rom already (The 4-5-14 build based on UVUENC2) how can I root and install CWM or TWRP? (Previously had an Ace S5830M)
b) Will I lose my network or something like that? Do I have to flash a modem or something like that?Do I have to make a backup of some files for having a smooth experience (I dont need to backup apps, got the phone yesterday)?
c) How can I install it correctly? Previously I just wiped cache, data and dalvik cache, do I have to make more wipes?

Well, thats it, thanks for your help
14th April 2014, 11:46 PM   |  #2  
XDA: ASSIST
Recognized Contributor
Atlantis
Thanks Meter: 4,735

7,762 posts
Donate to Me
More
a. You Flash CWM or TWRP using Odin. Then Flash S3RX that you have downloaded. This process does not need Root. (Yeah Surprise!)
b. Don't think so. Make sure to follow all the instructions in the S3RX thread to the letter. Do make a Nandroid using CWM or TWRP you flashed. Do so before flashing S3Rx. Also make a backup of your NV Data. Search this forum for instructions to NVBACKUP.
c. You need to do Factory Reset then flash the Rom then wipe Dalvik and Cache.
15th April 2014, 12:02 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Perseus71

a. You Flash CWM or TWRP using Odin. Then Flash S3RX that you have downloaded. This process does not need Root. (Yeah Surprise!)
b. Don't think so. Make sure to follow all the instructions in the S3RX thread to the letter. Do make a Nandroid using CWM or TWRP you flashed. Do so before flashing S3Rx. Also make a backup of your NV Data. Search this forum for instructions to NVBACKUP.
c. You need to do Factory Reset then flash the Rom then wipe Dalvik and Cache.

Well it is way easier than I thought, thanks Perseus71! Only thing I dont like about this rom is that it is WAY too big but I can solve that in Aroma Installer. Could you please post a link for steps about how to backup NV Data or EFS Folder? The ones that I found are difficult and I want to get this done with as fast as I can.

EDIT: I found an easy tutorial made by member <:GeeK:> it is in the i747 section but it will work with the T999 right? Also, I have to restore it like he says AFTER I flash the Rom? Thanks for your help
Last edited by Loo2495; 15th April 2014 at 12:09 AM.
15th April 2014, 09:23 AM   |  #4  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,502

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
Using Terminal Emulator enter this.

su
reboot nvbackup

Done!
15th April 2014, 04:54 PM   |  #5  
OP Junior Member

7 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DocHoliday77

Using Terminal Emulator enter this.

su
reboot nvbackup

Done!

I don't have root Access, I only flashed the recovery as Perseus71 told me to. I tried that in my old man's International Galaxy Note (which is rooted) and it told me an error NVBACKUP not found
Last edited by Loo2495; 15th April 2014 at 05:00 PM.
15th April 2014, 07:45 PM   |  #6  
Recognized Contributor
Flag HuntsVegas!!!
Thanks Meter: 6,502

9,195 posts
Donate to Me
More
The note is older and it may not be an available function. Only do this if you find confimation in a devices forum. It was tried on a Note3 and it hardbricked! Once you flash your rom you will be rooted. That's when I suggest you run this. Itll back up your nv data on-device, so don't expect to see any output to sd. But it will auto restore if corruption is ever detected.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread