Sony Updates AOSP Sources to Android 5.0.1

Just a few days ago, Sony did an utterly fantastic job by pushing out numerous device trees for … more

Stop Your Screen From Turning Off with KeepItOn

We all know the feeling of reading a news article orrather longdocument, when our screen … more

The XDA LG QPair Developer Challenge Voting Has Begun!

It seems like it was just yesterday that weannounced that we had paired up with LGto … more

Major Update for the Sony Smartwatch 2 Brings DND and More

With the wearables landscape now dominated by Android Wear and Pebble, its … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

Farewell DNA!

OP WEM97

15th April 2014, 03:56 AM   |  #1  
OP Senior Member
Flag Redmond
Thanks Meter: 861

942 posts
Donate to Me
More
Hello everyone! This will most likely be my last post in the DNA forums as I have just purchased the new Droid Ultra (Red if anyone cares to know). The DNA has served me very well and I have had a blast being active in this community. Everyone here is fantastic, I mean it. As much as I hate to say it as well, I am going to be letting my threads here, such as my TWRP theme thread die out. However if anyone would like to offer their support in maintaining these threads be my guest and I'll gladly get you into contact with whoever you need to (for maintainers). Cheers guys and farewell!
The Following User Says Thank You to WEM97 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 07:11 PM   |  #2  
Flag AL
Thanks Meter: 1

140 posts
More
Ok so, I currently have a Droid Ultra as well, however, since it has 4.4, it's completely locked down. So, I was considering on going back to the DNA.

But what I'm wanting to know is, how do you like the Ultra compared to the DNA?
15th April 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #3  
OP Senior Member
Flag Redmond

942 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shusuke028

Ok so, I currently have a Droid Ultra as well, however, since it has 4.4, it's completely locked down. So, I was considering on going back to the DNA.

But what I'm wanting to know is, how do you like the Ultra compared to the DNA?

What do you mean by locked down, first off. The DNA I can say has a much prettier display, however the display of the Ultra is not even close to bad and is rather nice, I miss AMOLED. Also the display is more versatile in comparison to the DNA, through functions such as active notifications. The build of the Droid ultra and the capacitive keys I like much better, but thats just personal preference. Of course as you would expect the Ultra's battery life is fantastic in comparison to the DNA and its performance is no slouch either even though its a dual core. Overall I am more of a fan of the Droid Ultra than the DNA. Again its all up to personal preference
15th April 2014, 07:37 PM   |  #4  
Flag AL

140 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEM97

What do you mean by locked down, first off. The DNA I can say has a much prettier display, however the display of the Ultra is not even close to bad and is rather nice, I miss AMOLED. Also the display is more versatile in comparison to the DNA, through functions such as active notifications. The build of the Droid ultra and the capacitive keys I like much better, but thats just personal preference. Of course as you would expect the Ultra's battery life is fantastic in comparison to the DNA and its performance is no slouch either even though its a dual core. Overall I am more of a fan of the Droid Ultra than the DNA. Again its all up to personal preference

I just mean that since my Ultra has the 4.4 OTA, then there's currently no way to root it or unlock it's bootloader. And I miss all the ROMs on the DNA
15th April 2014, 07:42 PM   |  #5  
OP Senior Member
Flag Redmond

942 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by shusuke028

I just mean that since my Ultra has the 4.4 OTA, then there's currently no way to root it or unlock it's bootloader. And I miss all the ROMs on the DNA

Don't worry it will come eventually Just give chainfire and the others time to dig through their code.
15th April 2014, 07:56 PM   |  #6  
Flag AL

140 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by WEM97

Don't worry it will come eventually Just give chainfire and the others time to dig through their code.

Yeahhhh, right now, they're saying sometime late summer.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread