Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,804,814 Members 51,345 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] downgrade to custom 4.3 over stock 4.4 possible?

Tip us?

tranz46
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Post [Q] downgrade to custom 4.3 over stock 4.4 possible?

hey guys this is my first post and i looked forum and didn't see any information about downgrading on 4.4 to 4.3 . i saw some guys saying its not possible but i assume they mean official downgrade. the thing is i got n9005 with 4.4.2 installed and iam not happy with it so i want to downgrade it to unofficial 4.3 roms. as i understand boot loader changed with 4.4.2 and doesn't allow to go back but what if we can install new bootlader and official ROM. is that not possible too?

2nd q is 0x1 means void warranty what about 0x3 (they say tripped) is this something real or i misunderstand this?

3th q is can i even if i downgraded custom 4.3 and want to go back to stock rom is it possible?

i don't want posts saying its already inside of forum. i just want straight answers.

ultramag69
Old
Thanks Meter 577
Quote:
Originally Posted by tranz46 View Post
hey guys this is my first post and i looked forum and didn't see any information about downgrading on 4.4 to 4.3 . i saw some guys saying its not possible but i assume they mean official downgrade. the thing is i got n9005 with 4.4.2 installed and iam not happy with it so i want to downgrade it to unofficial 4.3 roms. as i understand boot loader changed with 4.4.2 and doesn't allow to go back but what if we can install new bootlader and official ROM. is that not possible too?

2nd q is 0x1 means void warranty what about 0x3 (they say tripped) is this something real or i misunderstand this?

3th q is can i even if i downgraded custom 4.3 and want to go back to stock rom is it possible?

i don't want posts saying its already inside of forum. i just want straight answers.
1. No.
2. Misunderstood, you only trip Knox once.
3. You can always flash stock rom back but sometimes need pit file for carrier roms as hidden partition sems bigger...
Straight enough?...
If You Disagree Or Think I'm Wrong, Look Closer At My Avatar...

tranz46
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
anything new about downgrading from 4.4 to 4.3?

B3311
Old
Thanks Meter 582
No. Still can't be done.