5,597,084 Members 46,734 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Verizon One Max on T-Mobile LTE?

Tip us?

Antigen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Default Verizon One Max on T-Mobile LTE?

Hi.
As far as I know from digging in the specs from different sources - one max from Verizon is capable of AWS LTE band 4.
The problem is that it never gets connected to LTE on T-Mo.
I have forced it from info menu to LTE only, but it stays disconnected.
Can anybody shed light on what may be preventing the Tmo AWS LTE to work on a AWS compatible one max.
May it be in need of software update?

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Need to put in TMo APN info maybe...
2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Galaxy Note 8.0 w/ Terok Nor 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11

Antigen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
Originally Posted by Jiggity Janx View Post
Need to put in TMo APN info maybe...
Tried

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 323
*I believe* the aws has to be enabled through a software update like the gs4 was when aws was enabled for verizon. Otherwise I would be getting verizon aws speeds in my area with my verizon one max right now.
2 Verizon One MAX rumrunner.us s-off Galaxy Note 8.0 w/ Terok Nor 3 2 OG Nexus 7 w/ CM11
The Following User Says Thank You to Jiggity Janx For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Antigen
Old
Member - OP
Thanks Meter 3
Quote:
*I believe* the aws has to be enabled through a software update like the gs4 was when aws was enabled for verizon. Otherwise I would be getting verizon aws speeds in my area with my verizon one max right now.
That actually makes sense.
Thank you for your input.

TechSoft
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Default Actually it's in a hidden. menu

Quote:
Originally Posted by Antigen View Post
That actually makes sense.
Thank you for your input.
I'm currently using a note 3 Verizon on tmo lte. And band 4 had to be enabled in a hidden menu. If someone had the dial codes to the band selection on the HTC one max that would fix it.
saw the note 3 how to on tk tech news on youtube.

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSoft View Post
I'm currently using a note 3 Verizon on tmo lte. And band 4 had to be enabled in a hidden menu. If someone had the dial codes to the band selection on the HTC one max that would fix it.
saw the note 3 how to on tk tech news on youtube.
When I looked into this because I am in a verizon aws area it was not possible because we have the same setup as the verizon one (not the verizon s4 which I also have or n3). The One does not have the software part required for aws to work and neither would we.

TechSoft
Old
Thanks Meter 36
Angry note 3, blackberry z30, lg g2, htc one max all on TMOBILE LTE!

Quote:
When I looked into this because I am in a verizon aws area it was not possible because we have the same setup as the verizon one (not the verizon s4 which I also have or n3). The One does not have the software part required for aws to work and neither would we.
I just followed the procedure on a video at TK Tech News on YouTube. it shows the LG G2 working on TMOBILE LTE and they also stated putting a aosp rom on the HTC one max enables TMOBILE LTE or allows you to force cat 4 lte.

I'm in the process of rooting and s off this one to see if it works. it has and I've confirmed it working on the g2 and the note 3 as well as the blackberry z30.

thanks
The Following User Says Thank You to TechSoft For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Jiggity Janx
Old
Thanks Meter 323
Quote:
Originally Posted by TechSoft View Post
I just followed the procedure on a video at TK Tech News on YouTube. it shows the LG G2 working on TMOBILE LTE and they also stated putting a aosp rom on the HTC one max enables TMOBILE LTE or allows you to force cat 4 lte.

I'm in the process of rooting and s off this one to see if it works. it has and I've confirmed it working on the g2 and the note 3 as well as the blackberry z30.

thanks
There is no aosp rom for the Max with working radio. No kernel source. So they can say putting a aosp rom on there does it all they want but no one can do it currently.

barrygeorge001001
Old
(Last edited by barrygeorge001001; 15th April 2014 at 07:57 PM.)
Thanks Meter 4
Default Working!!!

That guy is full of it. But after some trial and error I got it working and have full 4G speed.

In build.prop change or add these if they dont exist

ro.ril.gprsclass=14
ro.ril.hsdpa.category=14
ro.ril.hsupa.category=7
ro.ril.hsxpa=2
ro.telephony.lteOnGSMDevice=1
ro.telephony.default_network=9

Also open the /system/customize/ACC/default.xml file, is a boolean variable “sku_id”. Change the value of “sku_id” to the t-mobile one. Then save the file, and reboot your device.

<item type="integer" name="sku_id">11</item>

Then go into the *#*#4636#*#* menu with the phone dialer (it will be enabled now) and change the network type to "GSM/WCDMA/LTE auto"

The Following User Says Thank You to barrygeorge001001 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]