Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,810,319 Members 53,513 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Step counter

Tip us?

thepom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Step counter

Apologies if I'm in the wrong forum, this is my first post here

I've heard about a hardware sensor in the Nexus 5 onwards which enhances step counting and step detection - has anyone ever heard whether this is likely to be copied by other manufacturers and likely to feature in future iPhones or Galaxies?
It seems to be getting a lot of attention and I wonder why LG's rivals aren't already working on incorporating this sensor into their own phones

thanks for all answers

gionamameli
Old
Thanks Meter 0
some fitness or running applications has a step counter that work with accelerometer
you can check for them if your phone didn't have a full pedometer sensor built-in

thepom
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
thanks but I know that phones have accelerometers - I'm trying to find out if more phones are likely to get step counter sensors build in, as the Nexus 5 currently has

Carlyle_f
Old
Thanks Meter 47
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepom View Post
Apologies if I'm in the wrong forum, this is my first post here

I've heard about a hardware sensor in the Nexus 5 onwards which enhances step counting and step detection - has anyone ever heard whether this is likely to be copied by other manufacturers and likely to feature in future iPhones or Galaxies?
It seems to be getting a lot of attention and I wonder why LG's rivals aren't already working on incorporating this sensor into their own phones

thanks for all answers
I'm pretty sure the S5 has a pedometer

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
If I helped you, use the thanks button.