No registration required

[Q] Step counter

OP thepom

15th April 2014, 08:18 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

3 posts
Apologies if I'm in the wrong forum, this is my first post here

I've heard about a hardware sensor in the Nexus 5 onwards which enhances step counting and step detection - has anyone ever heard whether this is likely to be copied by other manufacturers and likely to feature in future iPhones or Galaxies?
It seems to be getting a lot of attention and I wonder why LG's rivals aren't already working on incorporating this sensor into their own phones

thanks for all answers
15th April 2014, 09:21 AM   |  #2  

12 posts
some fitness or running applications has a step counter that work with accelerometer
you can check for them if your phone didn't have a full pedometer sensor built-in
15th April 2014, 09:38 AM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member

3 posts
thanks but I know that phones have accelerometers - I'm trying to find out if more phones are likely to get step counter sensors build in, as the Nexus 5 currently has
15th April 2014, 09:01 PM   |  #4  
Flag Cape Town
Thanks Meter: 66

234 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by thepom

Apologies if I'm in the wrong forum, this is my first post here

I've heard about a hardware sensor in the Nexus 5 onwards which enhances step counting and step detection - has anyone ever heard whether this is likely to be copied by other manufacturers and likely to feature in future iPhones or Galaxies?
It seems to be getting a lot of attention and I wonder why LG's rivals aren't already working on incorporating this sensor into their own phones

thanks for all answers

I'm pretty sure the S5 has a pedometer

Sent from my GT-I8190 using Tapatalk
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread