No registration required

[Q] Wireless Peripherals and Gaming Controllers

OP zarkotom

15th April 2014, 05:23 PM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
I would like to know a few things about android peripherals:

I currently own a Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus and I'm about to buy a gaming controller for it.
First question:

What's the difference between 2.4 Ghz Wireless Connection and Bluetooth? I mean, can you use a 2.4 Ghz PS3 Controller on Android, or no?
2nd Question:

Is there any possible way of using a WiiMote Plus with this device? I know that Samsung changed the Bluetooth Stack Drivers, but I also saw a guy on YouTube connecting a WiiMote to Samsung Galaxy with no problem!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

Device History:
Nokia 5530 XpressMusic: Something went wrong on the motherboard!

Alcatel OT-903D: Retired

ZTE Blade: Retired

Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus: Current
15th April 2014, 08:26 PM   |  #2  
Quote:
Originally Posted by zarkotom

I would like to know a few things about android peripherals:

I currently own a Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus and I'm about to buy a gaming controller for it.
First question:

What's the difference between 2.4 Ghz Wireless Connection and Bluetooth? I mean, can you use a 2.4 Ghz PS3 Controller on Android, or no?
2nd Question:

Is there any possible way of using a WiiMote Plus with this device? I know that Samsung changed the Bluetooth Stack Drivers, but I also saw a guy on YouTube connecting a WiiMote to Samsung Galaxy with no problem!

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ___________________

Device History:
Nokia 5530 XpressMusic: Something went wrong on the motherboard!

Alcatel OT-903D: Retired

ZTE Blade: Retired

Samsung Galaxy Trend Plus: Current

the wiimote, with the app of course should work with any phone that has bluetooth. i heard it does not work on Kitkat yet and possibly jellybean 4.3.
15th April 2014, 09:38 PM   |  #3  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

12 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by Trozzul

the wiimote, with the app of course should work with any phone that has bluetooth. i heard it does not work on Kitkat yet and possibly jellybean 4.3.

Like I said in my above post, Samsung replaced the stock andoid Bluetooth drivers in Touchwiz with their drivers!
For this reason the WiiController app and other similar ones do not work on it.
Last edited by zarkotom; 15th April 2014 at 09:43 PM. Reason: Forgot some things
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread