5,598,086 Members 41,009 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

Texting Issue with CM 11.0 Nightly

Tip us?

broscup
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Over it

Well, I'm a little over explaining to people why they are getting a different number from me when I text them, and I'm not going to add a subject line to every text to convert it to mms.

I'm not someone who jumps from ROM to ROM. I hate going through the task of backing up and restoring.

What's a lean, stable, TW ROM that's out there?

I'm really going to miss CM.

Odd_Sam
Old
Thanks Meter 2
Quote:
Originally Posted by dadoc04 View Post
1. Factory reset wipe including system
2. Flash gpe rom
3. Follow Lte enable steps
4. Test text, reboot, test text more
5. Factory reset
6. Flash slim, cm, liquid smooth + gapps
7. Text... Reboot... Text
I've been plagued with this SMS issue for a month or so. In the 540 area code. I've finally taken the time to do this process and it worked perfectly. Really strange this process works.
The Following User Says Thank You to Odd_Sam For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

dadoc04
Old
Thanks Meter 519

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Odd_Sam View Post
I've been plagued with this SMS issue for a month or so. In the 540 area code. I've finally taken the time to do this process and it worked perfectly. Really strange this process works.
Glad its working for ya...

#RidiculousFix
Phone: Galaxy S4 running LiquidSmooth
Tablet: Nexus 7 (2013) running SlimKat
add me on talk/hangouts.... dadoc04@gmail.com

st33med
Old
Thanks Meter 53
I know this is the wrong place, but it's an active thread here, so...

I have a Verizon S3 with CM 10.2 and have been plagued with issues like everyone else. I stopped updating my phone some months ago around a nightly release of CM 10.2, which is really old (like last Fall I believe). It then started acting up some weeks ago. I did not change any settings on my phone, did not change SIM card, whatever. Decided it was a bug and updated to the recent stable version of CM 10.2.1 through the CM updater(so I don't have to wipe and reinstall). Did nothing to solve my problem. Tried changing my SMSC through the Phone app, nothing.

Right now I'm trying out GoSMS and using it as the default SMS app with a regular SMSC. Don't think it will work, but worth a shot...

st33med
Old
Thanks Meter 53
Quote:
Originally Posted by st33med View Post
I know this is the wrong place, but it's an active thread here, so...

I have a Verizon S3 with CM 10.2 and have been plagued with issues like everyone else. I stopped updating my phone some months ago around a nightly release of CM 10.2, which is really old (like last Fall I believe). It then started acting up some weeks ago. I did not change any settings on my phone, did not change SIM card, whatever. Decided it was a bug and updated to the recent stable version of CM 10.2.1 through the CM updater(so I don't have to wipe and reinstall). Did nothing to solve my problem. Tried changing my SMSC through the Phone app, nothing.

Right now I'm trying out GoSMS and using it as the default SMS app with a regular SMSC. Don't think it will work, but worth a shot...
Did not work.

Switching to CDMA/EvDo mode seems to work. I had it stop working when I hit refresh on the SMSC. It also maybe because it switched to EvDo mode. No idea. I'll report back later.

Chopes
Old
Thanks Meter 5
Quote:
Originally Posted by st33med View Post
Did not work.

Switching to CDMA/EvDo mode seems to work. I had it stop working when I hit refresh on the SMSC. It also maybe because it switched to EvDo mode. No idea. I'll report back later.
Still interested for a fix for this. Having to resort to GV for services to get around this currently.

dwitmer1989
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Trying rediculous fix as we speak

Sent from my Xoom Wifi using XDA Premium 4 mobile app

---------- Post added at 09:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 09:10 PM ----------

Wow gotta admit I'm befuddled. That ridiculous fix seems to have done the trick for me too. Very odd. 717 area code ose ROM.

Sent from my Xoom Wifi using XDA Premium 4 mobile app
The Following User Says Thank You to dwitmer1989 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

neganox
Old
Thanks Meter 4
ridiculous fix works. its a pain, but at least its something.
The Following User Says Thank You to neganox For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

thebeen
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default interesting issue

hey everyone! so i have a very interesting, but seemingly opposite issue. It's happened to my verizon device before.

so I have no problems using SMS on my verizon s4. I have a 310 area code, and I travel from los angeles and chicago often. SMS has never been an issue.

MMS, however, is a different story. Group TXTs, as you know, are handled by MMS. I am running Vanir's 4/8 nightly, and will have frequent issues with sending MMS messages after the first few go through on a reboot. Airplane mode on/off/on sometimes helps, but rebooting works....and then I can usually send 3-4 MMSs or do a group text for 5-6 convos, then it just stops sending. Pretty annoying. here is what makes me think its a ROM issue. I am not a daily flasher, more like a monthly, two monthly flasther

Sorry I can't particularly remember which versions or nightlies I used. I also keep the kernel that comes with the ROM.

STOCK TW -- no problems. hated tw and wanted root.
Hyperdrive RS11 -- MMS problems began
Beanstalk -- MMS problems persisted
CM 10.2 stable -- woah, MMS problems gone. No issues. It felt amazing
Vanir 4/8 nightly -- MMS problems restart, almost even worse.

I've read through the entire thread. There seems to be two "fixes" in progress -- not sure if i can try them out on my vanir

http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/62148/
http://review.cyanogenmod.org/#/c/60697/

---------- Post added at 09:06 PM ---------- Previous post was at 08:55 PM ----------

also, just for fun sakes, I used to own a verizon galaxy nexus. Similar problems. Happened to my friend too. MMS issues.... where are they coming from?