Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,811,847 Members 53,747 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Red Cross on Battery after Rooting - NOT Charging

Tip us?

reza_1661
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Question [Q] Red Cross on Battery after Rooting - NOT Charging

Hey,
I just rooted my P601, and I got it working & everything's working fine, but since the rooting there is a red cross on the battery icon while connected to my laptop, it's connected to my laptop and recognized; BUT it WON'T CHARGE! It will charge with wall charger though. I tried different cables, and different laptops, but it seems that the problem is my tablet.
Can anyone help me?!
Thanks in Advance
Attached Thumbnails
Click image for larger version

Name:	Screenshot.png
Views:	4491
Size:	155.4 KB
ID:	2683418  

Geordie Affy
Old
Thanks Meter 117
@reza_1661 theres nothing wrong with your tablet, when I connect my tablet (not rooted and stock firmware) to my laptop the same thing happens as its connected as a media device to tranfer data between the two.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.
Samsung Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition (WiFi)
Samsung Galaxy SIII
The Following User Says Thank You to Geordie Affy For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

reza_1661
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by Geordie Affy View Post
@reza_1661 theres nothing wrong with your tablet, when I connect my tablet (not rooted and stock firmware) to my laptop the same thing happens as its connected as a media device to tranfer data between the two.

Sent from Galaxy Note 10.1 2014 Edition via Tapatalk.
Thanks for your answer @Geordie Affy;
I thought it should be possible to charge it with laptop like all other devices such as my mobile phones ... ! So, there is no way to charge it with laptop? I haven't done something wrong?

benni_1994
Old
Thanks Meter 434
No you have not done anything wrong. A usb port can put like 500mAh so it would need like 16 hours to charge your device.

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9505 mit Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to benni_1994 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

7lips7
Old
Thanks Meter 0
that also happens to me but when i have my tablet connected to a wall socket, to solve the problem i have to disconnect and connect several times for it to go back to normal

fantasmanegro
Old
Thanks Meter 85
Quote:
Originally Posted by reza_1661 View Post
Hey,
I just rooted my P601, and I got it working & everything's working fine, but since the rooting there is a red cross on the battery icon while connected to my laptop, it's connected to my laptop and recognized; BUT it WON'T CHARGE! It will charge with wall charger though. I tried different cables, and different laptops, but it seems that the problem is my tablet.
Can anyone help me?!
Thanks in Advance
maybe it is the "same" cable even with different ones... just for data transfer and not for charging the device...