Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] LG G2 Dropped in Toilet. HELP!!!!!!!!

OP skinnybboy

15th April 2014, 12:59 AM   |  #1  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 0

1 posts
Hello guys, I am new to this whole website and only made it to ask this one question. So I accidentally dropped my new LG G2 in the toilet and want to know what I can do to NOT have to ask for ANOTHER replacement. Before I say the details, I just want you guys to know I DO NOT want my folks to get me a new replacement for my LG G2. They already paid for the one I broke just a week ago.

Some details of what happened are:
- I didn't drop my phone all the way in to the toilet. As soon as I see it fall, I tugged on my earphone wires to pull it up.
-Only the top half got wet.
-I tested to see if anything even happened and it seemed fine for about 1 min.
- I then restarted it.
- (I KNOW THIS WAS A STUPID THING TO DO) But everything seemed fine so I watched 21 Jumpstreet
- While watching for about 5 min, The screen started glitching out
- I turned the screen off then on again but the LCD was not working and was just black. Everything else worked fine except for the fact I couldnt see any of it
- I then turned it off and took off the back
- It is now in a bag of rice

PLEASE HELP ! I really need my phone not to break. I've read like 2 other post where the same thing happened to the same phone but they actually dropped the whole thing in the toilet. According to what they said, It worked fine after they let it dry.
15th April 2014, 10:17 PM   |  #2  
Thanks Meter: 79

108 posts
It's always best to remove the battery-- resize that's probably not an option for you. Let it dry completely before you do any more "testing" the water inside is connecting areas of the circuitry that shouldn't be connected. You risk shorting out a great number of components if you haven't already. You can also place the phone/rice on top of a refrigerator, they pull moisture out of the surrounding air.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread