5,600,841 Members 41,279 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[ROM][MK2][TW4.3] | dbombROM | V3.4 | TouchWiz | 01.28.14

Tip us?

mrdreamers
Old
(Last edited by mrdreamers; 8th April 2014 at 05:03 AM.)
Thanks Meter 14

DONATE TO ME
Default plz HELP!

i changed recovery so i dont have a backup im trying to install this rom after a full wipe i get an error on philz recovery saying, E: Error in /storge/sdcard1/dbombROM_v3.4.zip (status 7) installation aborted. PLZ HELP!!
and when i reboot it goes straight to download mode

mrzhadow
Old
(Last edited by mrzhadow; 8th April 2014 at 05:42 AM.)
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdreamers View Post
i changed recovery so i dont have a backup im trying to install this rom after a full wipe i get an error on philz recovery saying, E: Error in /storge/sdcard1/dbombROM_v3.4.zip (status 7) installation aborted. PLZ HELP!!
Switch to TWRP. Grab version 2.3.6.1 here http://techerrata.com/browse/twrp2/jfltetmo use Odin to flash it. Uncheck auto reboot and click start. Once it's done pull the battery and press volume up and power to get in recovery. Flash dbombRom and profit.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

dss4me3
Old
Thanks Meter 15
What phone Dialer and In-Call theme is being used for this rom. I want to move on to 4.4.2 but I just cant get over the great theme that this rom has.

I wanted to pick a new 4.4.2 TW rom, flash thermax04's Theme, and take this roms Dialer and In-call theme.

gaww
Old
Thanks Meter 321
Quote:
Originally Posted by mrdreamers View Post
If you want to restore backup, change back to recovery you made it with and restore. Then change recovery (suggest TWRP also) and make a new nandroid with it. Then start over with this one.

If your restored ROM is another 4.3 TW, you can probably save a lot of work if you dirty flash but wipe /system first.

mrzhadow
Old
Thanks Meter 121
Quote:
Originally Posted by dss4me3 View Post
What phone Dialer and In-Call theme is being used for this rom. I want to move on to 4.4.2 but I just cant get over the great theme that this rom has.

I wanted to pick a new 4.4.2 TW rom, flash thermax04's Theme, and take this roms Dialer and In-call theme.
You can go to 4.4 and check out the bobcat theme for the international s4 its pretty much the same theme.

Sent from my SGH-M919 using xda app-developers app

Bubbled
Old
Thanks Meter 4

DONATE TO ME
Ok so after completely returning to stock MDL with odin and re-rooting my device, it appears that flashing the dbMods_v7.1 after the rom+crap pack breaks my root. updating SU does not fix anything. so clearing phone and starting fresh WITHOUT dbMods keeps root for me. however certain things dont work, like i can't change my lock screen wallpaper. it just says touch wiz has stopped and won't bring anyting up. can change homescreen fine. some other random lock ups and general weirdness. it really is too bad because the dbMods has some awesome stuff i would really like to use, and this rom would be my daily if i didn't have the weirdness or lockups. if anyone has any ideas on ironing this out or has fixed any of the issues let me know.

MK2 Modem
TWRP 2.3.6.1

Skyraider 4.3 Incredikernel

Thibor69
Old
Thanks Meter 157

DONATE TO ME
Quote:
Originally Posted by Bubbled View Post
Ok so after completely returning to stock MDL with odin and re-rooting my device, it appears that flashing the dbMods_v7.1 after the rom+crap pack breaks my root. updating SU does not fix anything. so clearing phone and starting fresh WITHOUT dbMods keeps root for me. however certain things dont work, like i can't change my lock screen wallpaper. it just says touch wiz has stopped and won't bring anyting up. can change homescreen fine. some other random lock ups and general weirdness. it really is too bad because the dbMods has some awesome stuff i would really like to use, and this rom would be my daily if i didn't have the weirdness or lockups. if anyone has any ideas on ironing this out or has fixed any of the issues let me know.

MK2 Modem
TWRP 2.3.6.1
I was having issues also with dbomB ... It was working great then just started acting weird.
I did a full WIPE including a FULL /media/data format and I use TWRP 2.3.6.1

Installed it all again and it is working just fine. Now I did a nandroid backup so I can just
restore if it screws up again.

My current setup:

=====================================
DEViCE ............. Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919
ROM .................. dbombROM_v3.4 | TW_v4.3 | NB4 & MDL |
BOOTLOADER ... M919UVUAMDL
BASEBAND ....... M919UVUFNB4 [GSM] / M919UVUAMDL [LTE]
KERNEL ............ Chronic_3.4.66-JB4.3-TW-TMO-v1.3

Running Fast with battery average drain.

Lavell7298
Old
Thanks Meter 221
Quote:
Originally Posted by Thibor69 View Post
I was having issues also with dbomB ... It was working great then just started acting weird.
I did a full WIPE including a FULL /media/data format and I use TWRP 2.3.6.1

Installed it all again and it is working just fine. Now I did a nandroid backup so I can just
restore if it screws up again.

My current setup:

DEViCE ............. Samsung Galaxy S4 SGH-M919
ROM .................. dbombROM_v3.4 | TW_v4.3 | NB4 & MDL |
BOOTLOADER ... M919UVUAMDL
BASEBAND ....... M919UVUFNB4 [GSM] / M919UVUAMDL [LTE]
KERNEL ............ Chronic_3.4.66-JB4.3-TW-TMO-v1.3

Running Fast with battery average drain.

I can agree. I had similar issues and I did the exact same thing you did to fix it. My phone now runs like a champ. My setup is almost the same as yours also. The only difference is that my LTE baseband is M919UVUEMK2 and my kernel is KT-SGS4-JB4.3-TW-TMO-04.07.2014
Samsung T-mobile Galaxy S4 (Rooted)
dbombROM v3.4
UVUFNB4 Modem
KT-SGS4 JB 4.3 kernel 04.07.2014
TWRP Touch Recovery v2.6.3.1

HTC T-mobile Sensation 4G (S-Off, Super CID, Rooted)
CoreDroid Sensation ROM v6.0
Bricked Kernel v1.4 Oc'd to 1.83GHz
4EXT Recovery Touch v1.0.0.5 RC9
Radio v11.76C.3504.00P_11.29A.3504.18_M
RIL 4.0.0017HMQ
Firmware v3.33.401.106

T-mobile MMS Fix for Sensations
Easily Update Radios & RIL Files on Sensations
Great Speed & Battery Life with 2 CPU Cores!

phrotac
Old
(Last edited by phrotac; Today at 04:16 AM.)
Thanks Meter 288
Deleted

biohaza12d
Old
Thanks Meter 26
Lol

Sent from my SGH-M919 using XDA Premium 4 mobile app