XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

LectureNotes app

Tip us?

windracer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Question Export to Evernote and tags

Hello (first post)!

After a recent update to LectureNotes I noticed that, when exporting to Evernote, tags are being created that match the folder hierarchy of the note I am exporting.

For example, in LectureNotes I have a Work folder, and then inside there a "System 1" notebook, a "System 2" notebook, a "Misc IT Notes" notebook, etc. If I export the System 1 notebook to Evernote, I get a "System 1" tag, and a "Work\System 1" tag in addition to the LectureNotes tag. Is there a way to customize/prevent this? In the previous version I think the export just ended up with the LectureNotes tag, so I would just move it out of there to the tag I wanted, but now I'm getting all of these redundant folder structure-related tags that I won't want cluttering up my Evernote organization.

Thanks for a fantastic app. I recently switched from the iPad to the Galaxy Note 10.1 and needed to find a replacement for NoteTaker HD and LectureNotes has easily taken its place as the top-used app on my tablet.

pgibby081965
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Default Toolbar icon order

Hi.

Just wondering if it was possible to re-order the items on the top toolbar? There are some I use more than most and I'd like to move them about a bit.

Thanks,

Phil

---------- Post added at 02:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 02:06 PM ----------

Quote:
Originally Posted by acadoid View Post
@pgibby081965: You can not directly color the box background when you use the text drawing tool. It is an interesting idea, however, it would require to have two active colors, the one for the background and the one of the foreground (text), and there is currently only one active color in LectureNotes. Let me think a moment about it.
Hi. Just wondering what the outcome of your cogitation was?

Thanks

Phil

acadoid
Old
Thanks Meter 633
@windracer: I added notebook name and path as tags, several users suggested that. I did not expect users to get disturbed by additional tags, I thought the more the better... In any case, I plan to allow customization of tags, so that you can opt-out for the notebook name and path and add custom tags.

@pgibby081965: 1. This is currently not possible. If space is an issue, not that you can use smaller icons so that more icons fit without scrolling.

2. Still thinking. The problem is as described: LectureNotes has only one active color in any moment of time, and what you suggest requires two active colors, one for the background and one for the foreground. Allowing for a second color might look a minor change from user's perspective, but it is a big change from LectureNotes' perspective, so that such change requires quite some careful thinking.

One possible solution I am considering is to add an additional option to the cutter bucket fill. At present, you can recolor existing colors, I could add an option there to color non-existing color. This would allow to draw the text first with the first color, set the second color, select a rectangle with the cutter, click on the the `bucket´ icon, choose `color non-existing color´, and click `OK´.

In fact, if the background color has the `draw behind other colors´ set, you can draw the text first, select the background color, and draw a rectangle over the text; the text will stay `above´ the background color.
The Following User Says Thank You to acadoid For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

windracer
Old
Thanks Meter 0
Quote:
Originally Posted by acadoid View Post
@windracer: I added notebook name and path as tags, several users suggested that. I did not expect users to get disturbed by additional tags, I thought the more the better... In any case, I plan to allow customization of tags, so that you can opt-out for the notebook name and path and add custom tags.
If I'm the only one disturbed by it, I can live with it ... don't change it just for me. But if you're already planning on adding customizable tabs, cool.