XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[Q] Mobile Net Work Not Available

Tip us?

PrOtaku
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 0
Default [Q] Mobile Net Work Not Available

Pls help, i bought me verizon samsung galaxy note 3 from a guy on craigslist with a bad IMEI number.

i understand that with a bad IMEI number i cant use verizon services but i can use GSM ones. also verizon samsung galaxy note 3 comes factory unlocked so i should be able to use T-Mobile, but i cant. i went to mobile network and change the preferred net work to GSM/UMTS but i kep getting Mobile Network Not Available.

PLS help.

metalsnakebite
Old
Thanks Meter 27
I know that providers share information on bad imei and then they block it, essentially not allowing it to connect to a service provider. But It may be different on an unlocked phone. Either way try to change your APN settings to what ever provider you want to use.

Good luck.

Sent from my SM-N900V using xda app-developers app
"An stupid question is often destroyed by sarcastic answers. To scrutinize everything is to annihilate much that gives us laughter and joy.

"The beauty of ignorance is possible denial, the disgust of the ignorant the lack of wanting to learn" {*3*}

Gladyscoleman
Old
Thanks Meter 15
Quote:
Originally Posted by PrOtaku View Post
Pls help, i bought me verizon samsung galaxy note 3 from a guy on craigslist with a bad IMEI number.

i understand that with a bad IMEI number i cant use verizon services but i can use GSM ones. also verizon samsung galaxy note 3 comes factory unlocked so i should be able to use T-Mobile, but i cant. i went to mobile network and change the preferred net work to GSM/UMTS but i kep getting Mobile Network Not Available.

PLS help.
First try to give it to back that guy. Because if IMEI is change your phone then its indicated that this cell phone is not secure. If you want to used mobile networks then your can used different kind of VPN for this. Or first check that Mobile network is enable in settings or not ?