[GAME][2.2+] iTavli - Three backgammon like games 3.2

Search This thread

Vasilis77

Dec 18, 2013
Hi everyone,

I am really excited to announce my application "iTavli - Three backgammon like games", which is a board game. If you are familiar with the backgammon game, you will love the other two games: blockgammon (or plakoto) and narde (or fevga).

The difference between these two games and the backgammon game, is that in the blockgammon game you block your opponent's single checker when you land on it, and in the narde game you can land your checkers in open or friendly occupied places.

This app runs on Android devices running OS 2.2 and higher, is free of charge and you can download it at Google Play

Version 3.0 was released yesterday, with the following new features:

- New UI for tablets
- Minor enhancements in the UI for smartphones
- A player can resign an online game

As with the iOS version, all games are free of charge, but with ads. Currently, you can not purchase the extra games (i.e., the Plakoto (or blockgammon) and the Fevga (or narde) game), but we plan to add this feature soon

Please, do not hesitate to contact me for any question that you may have

Thank you,
Vasilis

Last edited:

Vasilis77

Dec 18, 2013
Hello everyone,

Version 3.1 is ready for download, with the following new features:

Use virtual coins to rent and play a game without ads.
Use virtual coins to bet during an online game
Several reported bugs/issues are fixed

I am looking forward to your suggestions

Thank you

Vasilis77

Dec 18, 2013
Version 3.2 is ready for download

The iTavli application is integrated with the Facebook, and you can now invite your online FB friends to play a game.
Your friends are sorted alphabetically, and you can invite those who have installed the Facebook on their iOS or Android device.

Finally, this version has some minor changes in the UI, which should make the application more responsive

Enjoy the game

vespa.truccata

Feb 7, 2011
www.ctcases.net
Very nice, a lot nicer than others tavli/backgammon apps.

I would loved to see though:
-quicker roll dice and moves
-combined moves

that way a game would be much quicker as the real one!

Vasilis77

Dec 18, 2013
Very nice, a lot nicer than others tavli/backgammon apps.

I would loved to see though:
-quicker roll dice and moves
-combined moves

that way a game would be much quicker as the real one!

Hi, thank you for your feedback.

With regards to the quicker roll dice and moves, did you check the option in the Settings screen?

What do you mean by "combined moves"?

Vasilis77

Dec 18, 2013
We identified an issue with one of our ad network providers. We disabled that network, and the game should run again smoothly.

Furthermore we received some crash reports from various users, and we released version 3.2.1 which should fix this problem

vespa.truccata

Feb 7, 2011
www.ctcases.net
Hi, thank you for your feedback.

With regards to the quicker roll dice and moves, did you check the option in the Settings screen?

What do you mean by "combined moves"?

By combined moves I mean when I have a roll dice, let's say 5 and 6, I would like to have in the options not only the move of a 5 or 6, but also the straight 11 so I don't have to click twice, first ie. click 5 and then click 6.

No biggie, just a suggestion!

Vasilis77

Dec 18, 2013
By combined moves I mean when I have a roll dice, let's say 5 and 6, I would like to have in the options not only the move of a 5 or 6, but also the straight 11 so I don't have to click twice, first ie. click 5 and then click 6.

No biggie, just a suggestion!

xm, Depending on the dice and the selected checker, when you tap on a checker you will see 3 possible moves. Namely, if you roll a 5 and 6, and you tap on the checker which is at the beginning (this applies to all three games) of the board, you xan move that checker to three positions: 1) one which is 5 blocks away, 2) one which is 6 blocks away, and 3) one which 11 blocks away. Is this what you are describing?

Also, did you manage to change the speed of rolling the dice and moving the checkers in the Settings screen?

vespa.truccata

Feb 7, 2011
www.ctcases.net
Ok, I didn't write that good enough last time. I mean, when you are playing "portes" and you have a checker out, when you have the options you can only do the first two, inside the first 6 block. In case you want to make a combined move (placed in and move) you have to click two times. Like I said before is not biggie but makes the game faster, that's all...
For your second question, I honestly can't find where settings are??

Vasilis77

Dec 18, 2013
Ok, I didn't write that good enough last time. I mean, when you are playing "portes" and you have a checker out, when you have the options you can only do the first two, inside the first 6 block. In case you want to make a combined move (placed in and move) you have to click two times. Like I said before is not biggie but makes the game faster, that's all...
For your second question, I honestly can't find where settings are??

oh, yes, this is definitely a nice and useful feature. It is one of the things that I would like to add, but it needs a lot of testing, as you may remove a chip that you are not allowed to.

If you have a tablet, then you simply click on the "Settings" button
If you have a smartphone, then you scroll the screen to left. If you scroll it to right you will see the players who are currently online, and if you scroll even more to the right, you will see some online statistics.

vespa.truccata

Feb 7, 2011
www.ctcases.net
Man, i'm sorry, I really didn't know that I should scroll... Now, I've got it! Cool speed, ok! But perhaps an indication to slide on screen could be helpful.
Great work, thanks!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

Vasilis77

Dec 18, 2013
Man, i'm sorry, I really didn't know that I should scroll... Now, I've got it! Cool speed, ok! But perhaps an indication to slide on screen could be helpful.
Great work, thanks!

Inviato dal mio Nexus 5 utilizzando Tapatalk

No problem, apparently you missed the welcome text ;)
I am wondering if anyone is reading it :confused:

bfc_xxx

Nov 30, 2008
Sound really awesome game. I am downloading right now! Vasilis you are from Greece right?

Efharisto

Vasilis77

Dec 18, 2013
Version 3.3 will soon be ready for download, with the following changes:

- Changes in the UI
- Fixes the annoying "Please check your network" message..... you see this message only if you have disabled the network

Vasilis77

Dec 18, 2013
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 3.4 is available for download. This version supports playing any game over bluetooth, but most importantly, it offers in-app purchase to purchase the games (Plakoto and Fevga) and play them without ads!!

Vasilis77

Dec 18, 2013
Dear all,

I am pleased to inform you that version 3.4.1 is available for download.

This version has a new A.I. for the games Portes (Backgammon) and Plakoto (Blockgammon).

We are looking forward to your feedback

Top Liked Posts

• There are no posts matching your filters.
    Hi everyone,

I am really excited to announce my application "iTavli - Three backgammon like games", which is a board game. If you are familiar with the backgammon game, you will love the other two games: blockgammon (or plakoto) and narde (or fevga).

The difference between these two games and the backgammon game, is that in the blockgammon game you block your opponent's single checker when you land on it, and in the narde game you can land your checkers in open or friendly occupied places.

This app runs on Android devices running OS 2.2 and higher, is free of charge and you can download it at Google Play

Version 3.0 was released yesterday, with the following new features:

- New UI for tablets
    - Minor enhancements in the UI for smartphones
    - A player can resign an online game

As with the iOS version, all games are free of charge, but with ads. Currently, you can not purchase the extra games (i.e., the Plakoto (or blockgammon) and the Fevga (or narde) game), but we plan to add this feature soon

Please, do not hesitate to contact me for any question that you may have

Thank you,
    Vasilis
    well-done

:good::good:
    Remembers my childhood days, The best part is online playing with friends