Android 5.0 Lollipop in 3D–EVO 3D, That Is!

It is that time of the year once again. Flowers bloom (or snow falls, depending on which … more

Gaming Console with Lollipop? Ouya Gets an Android TV Port

Android is a very flexible platform, and it can be used on a large variety of … more

Android App Review: Manage Your Connections Automagically – XDA TV

Material Design is all the buzz in the Android world right now. … more

Official TWRP Recovery Lands on Micromax Canvas Magnus

With the recent release of Android One, Micromax and MediaTek released fully buildable … more

Welcome to XDA

Search to go directly to your device's forum

Register an account

Unlock full posting privileges

Ask a question

No registration required

[Q] When do we think our S4 would get kitkat update?

OP qudwis

13th April 2014, 06:01 PM   |  #11  
Flag Arima
Thanks Meter: 30

59 posts
i guess your right but whats the hold back unless 4.3 and other had serious flaws or verizon is nit picking about buggs
what i wont mind waiting for is if they give us the GS5 touch whiz with out 4.4.2 rom lol make all other s4 owners sick lol
13th April 2014, 06:56 PM   |  #12  
Thanks Meter: 63

660 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by DjSkreem

i guess your right but whats the hold back unless 4.3 and other had serious flaws or verizon is nit picking about buggs
what i wont mind waiting for is if they give us the GS5 touch whiz with out 4.4.2 rom lol make all other s4 owners sick lol

They should, Samsung should give the latest and greatest to the S4 and Note 3, they still are flagship phones.
13th April 2014, 07:32 PM   |  #13  
Thanks Meter: 461

1,266 posts
Donate to Me
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by fillyo

They should, Samsung should give the latest and greatest to the S4 and Note 3, they still are flagship phones.

Quote:
Originally Posted by DjSkreem

+1
14th April 2014, 12:05 AM   |  #14  
Recognized Contributor
Flag Springfield, Ma
Thanks Meter: 2,113

3,995 posts
Donate to Me
More
We have Verizon.. So we have great service but have to deal with locked bootloaders and wait forever for OTA updates lol what can we do.. Maybe move over to TMobile?!

Probably what I'll end up doing eventually just to have an updated phone I actually want that can have a custom recovery.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Xparent Blue Tapatalk 2
14th April 2014, 01:51 AM   |  #15  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 304

786 posts
More
was in VZW yesterday (held a S5, kinda nice feeling) and asked as they tried to repair my S4. Dude seemed very tech savy until i pointed out VZW is last to get KK. he didnt even know when it'll b out.. Some "flagship" device right? makes me think they'll be pulling a dinc2 ICS move on us
14th April 2014, 02:57 PM   |  #16  
Thanks Meter: 20

133 posts
This is getting annoying. 4.3 update fixed none of the issues or bugs really.... and then they make the flagship phone wait for kitkat.
15th April 2014, 04:16 PM   |  #17  
Flag Sacramento
Thanks Meter: 304

786 posts
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by zero26800

This is getting annoying. 4.3 update fixed none of the issues or bugs really.... and then they make the flagship phone wait for kitkat.

VZW has been known to only care about the brand new phones. I had a HTC Droid Incredible 2 and at the time the Inc series was their flagship, but the Dinc2 was still 3g. ICS was getting put on everything and they had their lists out showing what would and wouldn't and our Dinc2's were on the confirmed list just never received nothing . VZW passed blame to HTC and of course HTC passed it right back to VZW. Then about 6 months or so later or so VZW comes out and says our old flagship isnt gettin ICS at all, stated communication errors with just that phone. Wouldnt even release source for it. Now if it was the 4g model, which was the Incredible S, we would've had ICS and source. I dont trust VZW as far as updates and they'll probably state same excuse and offer us a discounted S5 or a free upgrade to switch our plan totally and for us to pay more in about 4 months. If KK drops just be amazed if we get passed 4.4.2. this phone probably wont see 4.4.3
15th April 2014, 11:31 PM   |  #18  
Thanks Meter: 95

285 posts
Quote:
Originally Posted by swieder711

Its sad that this thread needs to exist. I am on the 4.4.2 GE ROM from Danvdh which is running great.

All I really want is the new modem file that goes with it.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

I, for whatever reason, had very bad luck with data on GE. It forced me back to AOSP 4.3.

Some of us still want a vzw branded KK.

Sent from my SCH-I545 using xda app-developers app

Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread