Attend XDA's Second Annual Developer Conference, XDA:DevCon 2014!
5,809,137 Members 50,356 Now Online
XDA Developers Android and Mobile Development Forum

[SOLVED]Note II Screen Mode

Tip us?

geetmadan1991
Old
(Last edited by geetmadan1991; 13th April 2014 at 11:27 AM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default [SOLVED]Note II Screen Mode

Hi

I was trying to delete some useless system apps on my At&t galaxy note ii. I guess I deleted something and now it would not let me change "screen mode" in settings.
I am able to choose any screen mode, but nothing changes it stays the same. If I reinstall the rom I will get the functionality back but I wish to know what file in /system/apps is the reason for this so that i can restore that file(s) and still keep the useless apps out. Can anyone help me here...?

I am using skynote air G2 note 3 edition.

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE.

ojai00
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by geetmadan1991 View Post
Hi

I was trying to delete some useless system apps on my At&t galaxy note ii. I guess I deleted something and now it would not let me change "screen mode" in settings.
I am able to choose any screen mode, but nothing changes it stays the same. If I reinstall the rom I will get the functionality back but I wish to know what file in /system/apps is the reason for this so that i can restore that file(s) and still keep the useless apps out. Can anyone help me here...?

I am using skynote air G2 note 3 edition.

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE.
Did you install another kernel? I've seen that happen with Agni Kernel. There is a separate display section in Agni Control settings that controls the screen mode.
Samsung SGH-I317 on T-Mobile
The Following User Says Thank You to ojai00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

Bajanman
Old
Recognized Contributor
Thanks Meter 5,090

DONATE TO ME
@geetmadan1991
Did you resolve your problem with Skynote Air G2?? With your screen setting? Btw it's the same thing I'm using atm...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
I CAN'T PROMISE to fix all your problems but I CAN PROMISEyou won't face them alone.

Rom
[4.4.2]DN5v2
FAQ

The Following User Says Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

geetmadan1991
Old
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Default I will have to check again

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojai00 View Post
Did you install another kernel? I've seen that happen with Agni Kernel. There is a separate display section in Agni Control settings that controls the screen mode.

I think you are right. i got agni kernel but yes it was not working after that.
THANKS FOR THE HELP

Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajanman View Post
@geetmadan1991
Did you resolve your problem with Skynote Air G2?? With your screen setting? Btw it's the same thing I'm using atm...

It works on skynote with no problem all, but stripped down every apk file in /system/app and i thought i deleted something i should not have deleted.

Thanks for asking..!

figyu
Old
Thanks Meter 4
Quote:
I have same problem.
I really want to change to movie mode, but I don't know how to do.
Would you explain about "a separate display section in Agni control settings"?
Thanks....

ojai00
Old
Thanks Meter 130
Quote:
Originally Posted by figyu View Post
I have same problem.
I really want to change to movie mode, but I don't know how to do.
Would you explain about "a separate display section in Agni control settings"?
Thanks....
Look under MDNIE HIJACK. There are only two settings in there I believe. Hopefully one of them suit your needs.

Samsung SGH-I317 on T-Mobile
The Following User Says Thank You to ojai00 For This Useful Post: [ Click to Expand ]

geetmadan1991
Old
(Last edited by geetmadan1991; 15th April 2014 at 11:33 PM.)
Junior Member - OP
Thanks Meter 6
Quote:
Look under MDNIE HIJACK. There are only two settings in there I believe. Hopefully one of them suit your needs.

Thanks... @figyu
There is an option to turn it off and you can choose the one you like from settings after turning it off...