FORUMS

XDA Picks: Best Apps of the Week (June 27 – July 4)

Apps are at the front and center of any smartphone experience, and with over a … more

HTC One M9 Developer Edition Android 5.1 OTA

The Developer Edition of the HTC One M9 is receiving an over-the-air update to Android 5.1. … more

Index Project For XDA Device Subforums

Another ambitious project from the collaborative efforts of Recognized Contributors and Forum … more

The Atlas of XDA

A few weeks ago, we asked you “How Does Your Location Affect Your Life As A Power User?”. In the days that … more

[SOLVED]Note II Screen Mode

11 posts
Thanks Meter: 6
 
By geetmadan1991, Junior Member on 6th April 2014, 04:18 AM
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread Email Thread
Hi

I was trying to delete some useless system apps on my At&t galaxy note ii. I guess I deleted something and now it would not let me change "screen mode" in settings.
I am able to choose any screen mode, but nothing changes it stays the same. If I reinstall the rom I will get the functionality back but I wish to know what file in /system/apps is the reason for this so that i can restore that file(s) and still keep the useless apps out. Can anyone help me here...?

I am using skynote air G2 note 3 edition.

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE.
Last edited by geetmadan1991; 13th April 2014 at 11:27 AM.
 
 
7th April 2014, 06:32 PM |#2  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 200
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by geetmadan1991

Hi

I was trying to delete some useless system apps on my At&t galaxy note ii. I guess I deleted something and now it would not let me change "screen mode" in settings.
I am able to choose any screen mode, but nothing changes it stays the same. If I reinstall the rom I will get the functionality back but I wish to know what file in /system/apps is the reason for this so that i can restore that file(s) and still keep the useless apps out. Can anyone help me here...?

I am using skynote air G2 note 3 edition.

THANKS A LOT IN ADVANCE.

Did you install another kernel? I've seen that happen with Agni Kernel. There is a separate display section in Agni Control settings that controls the screen mode.
The Following User Says Thank You to ojai00 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
11th April 2014, 10:17 PM |#3  
@geetmadan1991
Did you resolve your problem with Skynote Air G2?? With your screen setting? Btw it's the same thing I'm using atm...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to Bajanman For This Useful Post: [ View ]
13th April 2014, 11:22 AM |#4  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
I will have to check again
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojai00

Did you install another kernel? I've seen that happen with Agni Kernel. There is a separate display section in Agni Control settings that controls the screen mode.


I think you are right. i got agni kernel but yes it was not working after that.
THANKS FOR THE HELP


Quote:
Originally Posted by Bajanman

@geetmadan1991
Did you resolve your problem with Skynote Air G2?? With your screen setting? Btw it's the same thing I'm using atm...

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk


It works on skynote with no problem all, but stripped down every apk file in /system/app and i thought i deleted something i should not have deleted.

Thanks for asking..!
15th April 2014, 05:41 PM |#5  
figyu's Avatar
Member
Thanks Meter: 8
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojai00

Did you install another kernel? I've seen that happen with Agni Kernel. There is a separate display section in Agni Control settings that controls the screen mode.

I have same problem.
I really want to change to movie mode, but I don't know how to do.
Would you explain about "a separate display section in Agni control settings"?
Thanks....
15th April 2014, 05:54 PM |#6  
Senior Member
Flag New York
Thanks Meter: 200
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by figyu

I have same problem.
I really want to change to movie mode, but I don't know how to do.
Would you explain about "a separate display section in Agni control settings"?
Thanks....

Look under MDNIE HIJACK. There are only two settings in there I believe. Hopefully one of them suit your needs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk
The Following User Says Thank You to ojai00 For This Useful Post: [ View ]
15th April 2014, 11:25 PM |#7  
OP Junior Member
Thanks Meter: 6
 
More
Quote:
Originally Posted by ojai00

Look under MDNIE HIJACK. There are only two settings in there I believe. Hopefully one of them suit your needs.

Sent from my SAMSUNG-SGH-I317 using Tapatalk

Thanks... @figyu
There is an option to turn it off and you can choose the one you like from settings after turning it off...
Last edited by geetmadan1991; 15th April 2014 at 11:33 PM.
Post Reply Subscribe to Thread
Previous Thread Next Thread
Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search
Display Modes